Chapter 2: The Invasion of Far Far Away

- Through the Heart of a Nation -

****

- Far Far Away, Land of Dreams Capital -

- The Realm of Shrek -

- August 24th, 2032. 6:00 am -

It was a beautiful morning in the kingdom of Far Far Away

It was a beautiful morning in the kingdom of Far Far Away. The Sun was rising, and the birds were singing cheerfully. People were getting up as they started to get ready for their daily lives. Children were going to school, adults were going to work, and businesses started to open up. Almost everyone in Far Far Away is a morning person, except for one person... Vanessa.

****

Farquaad Airforce Base -

6:05 am -

Vanessa: [Alarm goes off and Vanessa slams the alarm clock] [Groans] "Urgh... God Dammit..."

She wasn't a fan of early mornings at all. Since she never had a boyfriend her whole life and the fact that almost every guy wanted to date her because of her body, she is a very cranky person whenever she wakes up. 

Vanessa: [Sits up and strecthes] "Well... Time to start another long boring-ass day..."

She emerged from the bed as the covers fell off her body, exposing her yellow pajama shorts and white crop top. She knows that half of her body hates getting up early and the other half is saying that it's always necessary to do her daily routine at the base, which is waking up, getting ready for sortie, going on patrol, and meeting up with Redman and the others at their favorite bar by the end of the day.

Vanessa: [Yawns] "I hope today is interesting. I wonder if we'll find any extremists near the border today? They've been getting on my nerves for a while now. Perhaps, shooting them down would make me happy." [Sighs] "Even though they harder show up, at least there's got to be a slight chance of kicking some ass!"

Vanessa got out of bed and made her way toward the bathroom, which was in her quarters. She turned on the light switch so she could see where the sink and her utensils were at. Brushed her teeth, swished the mouth water, combed her hair and showered, added a little makeup, and of course, she had to hug her toothless toy plushie for good luck. It was a ritual for her. 

Once she finished, the shower being last, she was awake and ready to go. She made her way toward the Mess Hall to get some coffee. She stopped to check on her jet to see if had any damage along the way. But as usual, there was none. When she got to the mess hall, she was greeted by lightning.