Chapter 7: Christmas

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

****

- The Valley of Peace -

- Kung Fu Panda Realm -

- December 24th, 2032, 10:00 am -

A month had passed since Burgess was under Loyalist Control. Many of the Loyalists were happy that they had regained the city, and many villagers were thanking them for being liberated from the Extremists. While Burgess was being rebuilt, Many Loyalists soldiers had the chance to contact their families to make sure that they got out of Far Far Away safely. During this time of Crisis, Vanessa understands what the soldiers and pilots were going through. She, along with some Guardians in Guardian Squadron, understood that a good distraction will help soothe their emotions. Luckily, Christmas was just around the corner. 

Christmas was an extraordinary time for the Guardians. Every year, they always set up a Christmas tree and spend time with the villagers and dragons. But since they couldn't do that this year, they decided to send postcards to wish them a Merry Christmas. They also let them know that they're safe and all right. It was a big day for everyone, and everyone was getting ready for a party tonight.

Not only that, Marco was about to ask Catherine to marry him. But the only thing that is slowing him down... is his confidence. Marco was so scared about asking her because he feared that she would say no. But It's worth the risk. Since he was close to Boss, he decided to visit his room and tell him what he was going to do.

Boss: [Eyes Sparkling] "Marco! Are you for real?!"

Marco: [Puts a finger on his own lips] "Shhh! You're too loud, dumbass! You're gonna spoil the surprise!"

Boss: [Covers his mouth and looks around][Whispers] "Sorry. It's just that... I can't believe it."

Marco: [raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms] "What do you mean by that?"

Boss: [Clears his throat] "No offense, but you are pretty shy around Catherine. I have a feeling that you are scared of proposing to her because you fear that she will say no. Have some confidence in yourself, man. I guarantee that she will say yes. Besides, you two have been dating for some time now, and everyone assumes that you are gonna get married. Besides, you two are the oldest in the group. Eventually, you'll have to settle down and stuff."

Marco: [Sighs and sits down in a chair] "I know. But I don't want to settle down yet, and I think Catherine knows that too. We're still young and want to go on crazy adventures. We spend nearly ten years in the outer realms, and we have witnessed a lot of shit together. Some good and some bad... but I kind of feel like that... I don't want it to end just yet. If I asked Catherine to marry me... I'll feel like I would hold her back and stuff... Not only that, we are still your knights. The only time we will settle down is when Oblivion is dead, and the New Order is defeated... Plus, you're gonna have to take the throne... So... that's gonna take a long time... and... I don't think Catherine will like that..."

Boss noticed the worried look on his friend's face and understood the situation. They were at the age where they could get married at any moment and settle down. He knows that people his age already have a house and some kids. He loves the sense of freedom and adventure, but he also knows it can't last forever. Not to mention that the New Order is still out there, and they have to find them. So, he took a deep breath and sat next to Marco.

Boss: [Smiles and puts an arm on Marco's shoulder] "Let me tell you something." [Marco looks at him] "I may not know about marriage or settling down. But I know that Catherine would be happy to Marry you. Believe me... If there is any woman that would literally go to hell and back for you... it's her. You two are so close, and you grew up together. Remember that time when we were at a dance in the Avatar Realm, and Korra and Asami set you two up? You two danced the night away and became the stars on the dance floor... I saw the look on your faces... you were captivated by each other... The point that I'm trying to make is this... She loves you... and don't think that you're holding her down... If you want to settle down, she'll settle down. If you wanna keep going, she'll keep going. No matter what choice you'll make... she will always love you. Me, along with everyone else, will support your decision. If you two want to call quits, that's fine. If you want to keep going. That's fine as well. No matter what you choose, we got your back."