authors note

Hi. welcome. thank you for being here. I decided to write a little note and some warnings. this book is not PG. if you are under the age of fourteen leave. this book is a modern fantasy. it contains, death, blood, swearing, some sexual content nothing too spicy, I think, I tried to tone it down from my other books. anyway. I ask that you stay until the end. while the beginning might be a little ruff and slow I promise it gets better. I am also not done editing so if you have any suggestions go for it and comment them. 

the main character Avrayn may be a little annoying and naive at first but she gets her character development as do all of my characters. if you are here from my TikTok I would like you to acknowledge that the main characters do not become morally grey until halfway through. there is LGBTQ+ in the main characters. and there is diversity. if you feel I wrote any of these things wrong or stereotypical feel free to comment and point out my mistakes, I am new to this.

the beginning of this book takes place in the modern-day human realm. there are three realms. the human realm, the light realm and the shadow realm.

it is written in first person except when it switches POVs to other characters. which isn't very often, it is told from Avaryn's perspective.

it starts with avaryn (in the human realm) on her way to an elite boarding school where she meets a group of infamous teenagers called the Devara. they are extremely rich and popular and Avaryn is drawn to them. she soon discovers they are something more than human. and that she is also not human. this is a jouney of adventure, love, hate, evil, death and tears. i hope you enjoy!

-L