Chapter 7

A/N Guys, I'll tell you right now. Pay attention, because if you don't, you're missing out. Anyway, enjoy!

Adrien/Chat Noir's POV

As soon as Ladybug left, I made my decision. I was going to follow her and see if I could find out her secret identity. I saw her swinging toward the school, so I quietly followed her. She kept swinging without giving the ground below a second glance.

I couldn't help but get excited as I followed her. I was going to find out who my true love was! I was so happy that I actually meowed. I immediately covered my mouth as if I could take it back if I held on hard enough. Ladybug looked back and saw me, and when she did, I saw a tear slide down her face.

"Milady?" I saw her starting to turn away and I got frantic. "Milady! Wait!" She started running across the rooftops, thinking she could outrun me.

I followed her and, as we were running, I realized that we were heading towards the Dupain-Cheng Bakery. Maybe I could get some croissants after the chase was over. I saw Ladybug swing over the bakery, and, as I stopped for a second, she swung around and hid behind a wall. I saw a faint pink light, and then out came Marinette!

I stood there, shock written all over my face. Marinette looked in my direction, decided no one saw, shrugged, and climbed into her room. I ran to my house, jumped through the window, detransformed, and laid on my bed. "Plagg! It's Marinette! She-"

"I know, Adrien. I want my cheese!" Plagg looked extremely annoyed.

"Fine, you stupid cat."

"WHAT did you just call ME?!?!"

"I won't tell you since you didn't listen to me before so why would you listen to me now?"

"Because I w-"

"Oh yeah, it's because all you care about is your cheese! I just found out who the love of my life is and you don't care at all!"

"Yeah, yeah. Marinette Dupain-Cheng is your one true love, I already knew, now just get me my CHEESE!!!!" I just stood there, shocked. "YOU ALREADY KNEW?!?!?!?!?!" By this point, I was getting ready to scream.

"Yes, I did, Adrien. Tikki, Marinette's kwami, and I are best friends. That's exactly why Tikki knows you are Adrien."

"Wait, if Tikki knows, then does Marinette know?"

"No, Adrien. I didn't tell you about Marinette, right?"

"No, you didn't,"

"So neither did Tikki." Once I understood everything, I started to form a plan.

Marinette's POV

"Hey, Tikki?"

"Yes, Marinette?"

"I'm tired. What time is it?"

"It's 10:00 p.m.."

"WHAT?!?! I need to get into bed!" I got into bed without changing or taking off my shoes and purse. I set an alarm for 7:30 in the morning and went to sleep.

*Timeskip*

I woke up to a strange silence and complete darkness. I felt around for my phone and checked the time. Holy crap! Why was I waking up so early now? It was 5:30 in the morning!

I rolled over, closed my eyes, and tried to sleep, but I should have known it would have been for nothing. After a few minutes of me not falling asleep, I slowly sat up and walked to the bathroom.

As I was walking past the window, I could have sworn I had seen a black tail that bolted away. I stood there for a second, starting. When I was finally able to move my body, I remembered that I had to pee and I bolted to the bathroom - or at least tried because I was still half asleep.

A/N WARNING: Skip to the next author's note if you don't want to see cutting. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I used the bathroom and then something shiny sticking out of one of the bathroom drawers. I stooped down to open the drawer and grab it and then set the object down on the counter. I had found a razor blade hidden in the bottom drawer of my bathroom cabinet, almost like it was waiting there just for me.

I pulled up the sleeves of my pajamas and stared at my arm. Should I do this? The more I stared at my skin, the more enticing it seemed. How was I supposed to do it?

I looked up how to cut yourself on YouTube and didn't find any results, so I just took the blade and ran it down my skin. At first, nothing happened, but then I pressed it harder into my skin and blood started coming out.

I made tons of little cuts up and down my arm as I thought about how painful yet soothing it felt. After I was satisfied with my work, I rinsed the blood off the razor and slid it into my purse, thinking I could cut later today at school.

A/N Cutting has ended.

I walked to my closet and tried to find a black hoodie that the blood wouldn't noticeably stain. Finally, I found a black hoodie 2 sizes two big and laid it on my desk chair. I pulled out a gray tank top and some black skinny jeans. I put on my clothes and started stroking the cuts through my sweatshirt.

"Marinette?"Oh crap. I forgot about Tikki! "Yeah, Tikki?"

"What are you doing? And why are you dressed like that?"

"Oh, this? I checked the weather app and it said it would be super cold and these are the warmest clothes I have!" I was amazed and hated myself at the same time for lying so quickly. "Oh yeah, that does make sense. I guess."

"It is fall, you know."

"I know, Marinette. By the way, you need to go get breakfast and go to school if you don't want to be late."

"Thanks, Tikki!" I hopped off my desk chair, ran down the stairs, made sure I grabbed a piece of buttered toast and not anything else, and ran out the door. I tried to look at the school but there was so much traffic I couldn't see past the row of cars on my side of the street! Why in the world would there TRAFFIC on a windy Tuesday morning?! I checked my phone and it was 8:45. Most people would either already be at work or would be leaving in 15-20 minutes. Oh well.

I walked to the crosswalk and waited for a break in the cars, but it never came. Eventually, I just walked across, not caring if someone ran me over. I ran into the school with 5 minutes until class started and plopped into my seat.

I pulled out my phone and AirPods and started playing rock music on the highest volume. "Alright, class, pull [...] and Marinette, read aloud, please." Ms. Butier sounded kind of tired.

"Mari! Read aloud!" I barely heard Alya because I was falling asleep. All of a sudden, I felt my earbuds being ripped out and the music I was listening to was playing at the highest volume for everyone to hear. I grabbed my phone, turned off the music, and stormed out of the classroom.

A/N Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been updating Smiles Hide Everything. I was busy with school and then I had to stay home because one of my teachers got coronavirus and I got a crap-ton of extra schoolwork and I had started another fanfiction because my friend asked me to and my life has been kind of chaotic lately. I'm going to try to get back on my schedule of posting a new chapter every Friday but please don't yell at me if I don't