Chapter 34: I Caught You

Start from the beginning

When Xiao Zhan had steady himself enough, he slowly opened his eyes to a gorgeous deity. Yibo had seated himself on the coffee table, holding Xiao Zhan's hand like fragile glass and staring right into his soul. As if the warmth emanating from his smile and radiant eyes weren't enough, the ember from the hearth haloed Yibo's physique as it danced from behind. In Yibo's point-of-view, the vibrant fire fused his shadow onto Xiao Zhan, unifying their existence.

They continued to stare into each other's eyes, ignoring the world as it continued to spin. They kept yearning, searching, relearning, and evermore. The silence cascaded through time and space as they waited for the other person to speak next. So similar to that scene in Xiao Zhan's apartment; only this time, the tension was soft, light, and wrung tight with promises of a future.

When the string finally snapped, it was because Xiao Zhan couldn't contain the desire that was going to, has been boiled over. Xiao Zhan called out the name that was created just for his lips to utter, "Wang Yibo."

Three syllables. Two words. One voice. A simple combination of infinite possibilities and Xiao Zhan was the only one who could provide the code to unlock Yibo's happiness, love, and reason to keep on striving.

Yibo migrated his delicate caress onto Xiao Zhan's lips, tracing the outline as a single zap of electricity pierced through both men from the mere touch. Xiao Zhan once again closed his eyes and leaned into the caress while Yibo maintained his vision to tilt forward, closing in on the doctor. His eyes remained slightly parted until his lips landed on the other which overstimulated his heart to the point that he too had to close his eyes.

It started soft and delicate; a fluttering type of contact. Once they've regained some sort of self-control, the touch lasted a little longer with a little more pressure. One peck: a smile spread on their lips. Another peck: their noses nuzzled together. Definitely not the last kiss: they opened their eyelids to see themselves in the other's cores.

"How have you been," Xiao Zhan whispered a hair breathes away.

"Miserable. Heartbroken." Yibo tightened his eyebrows ever so discreetly. "Zhan-ge, there's someone that I was chasing after but somehow I ended up chasing them away. What should I do?"

Xiao Zhan faked a shocked look, This gremlin. "Oh. The great Wang-er gongzi has something he couldn't conquer?"

"Someone. Not to be conquered. Just cherish and spoil."

Xiao Zhan scoffed. What was he supposed to do with this child? "How can someone deny such a great person? They don't deserve you."

"No." The ever resolute tone of Wang Yibo. I'll give them the world, lay the unspoken words.

"Wang Yibo," Xiao Zhan scorned with the trace of resentment that was more towards himself. "Why must you be so strong-will and empowering like this? Why can't you act your age and fumble a little for your elders??"

Xiao Zhan then lowered his voice, "I won't be able to catch up."

He lifted his gaze as it fluttered under his eyelashes, trying to catch a glimpse of Yibo's face. "How am I supposed to chase after you?"

Yibo grinned like a child, showing all of his gums. "I'll walk."

Xiao Zhan widened his eyes, flared his nostril, parted his lips. "Are you starting this Wang Yibo?"

Instead of a reply, Yibo continued to shower Xiao Zhan with absolute adoration.

"What if I'm a slow walker," Xiao Zhan challenged.

"I'll wait."

"If I can't move?"

"Then I'll pull you forward towards me."