ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

I debate going inside. If Henry thinks I'm just sad about him then I can just go home and that could be my excuse. On the other hand in not the best look for a first day employee. Maybe I can just avoid him. Getting up and out of my car, I wipe my tears as I walk to the establishment. Henry meets me at the door and takes me into a comforting hug.

"Are you okay? Answer me truthfully y/n." I hold on tighter as I try to figure words to say.

"Yeah, I'm feeling better. Just a little regret I guess." Most of it wasn't a lie. do feel regretful but I don't feel better. I hate lying to Henry. He just has this pain in his eyes when he knows someone lies, betting you don't trust him. I pull away and try to cheer up for Henry's sake. "So, what are my jobs for today?"

"Oh uhm, just keep watch of the kids... " His voice trails off. He walks away and to his office, leaving myself to contemplate life choices.

"Hey there!" Alyssa grabs ahold of me. "I didn't see you at work yesterday, what's up? You never miss a day. "

"What do you mean? Didn't you write him a note about working full time with me?"

Her face stays in a state of confusion "uhm no, I'm not rude. I would tell you to quit first."

Then there's only one person who would've done it. He just has to go on, ruining my life even more. I feel bad for his children.

Speak of the devil! Clara and her beautiful kids waltz in, Clara looks mad as always and the kids skip over to me as soon as I'm spotted.

"Hey look Micheal! It's that pretty lady from our house!" Elizabeth exclaims as she grabs onto my leg and hugs it.

"Hey guys!" Instantly, my spirits are lifted. I give Micheal a hug and Alyssa looks at the children with disgust. She hates kids and most likely decided to do this job because she wants to catch William doing the 'nasty' with me to embarrass me and I don't have to worry... I don't think it'll ever happen. When I say think, I mean he might rape me so yeah.

I pick up Elizabeth and spin her around, her laughter filling the room. Micheal chuckles "how have you been dork? " I set her on my shoulders and answer with joy in my voice.

"Oh y'know, the same old same old, it's made my day better that you kids arrived though! "

A loud Ahem from behind startles me. Clara stands there, arms crossed, Looking to Elizabeth then me. "Oh uh, I'm sorry" Before I can set Elizabeth down, she yanks her from me, making her feet kick me in the face. Rude much? I silently Pat Chris on the head and he smiles in return.

Afton doesn't deserve these sweet little angels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Besides the occasional child crying, things go smoothly through out the day. Micheal decides to keep me company for some of it, since he had to run around for Clara anyways.

"Hey Mike, do you ever get... Creeped out by your father?" I ask, laying my back on the wall.

"Is that even a question?" He chuckles. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason, he's just a creep. " I smile and continue to watch all the children running around and playing. None of Williams children are like him. Probably because none of them are toddler murderers. Chris reminds me of my brother, Elizabeth reminds me of Alyssa, and a Micheal is a mix of both with a hint of playful bullying. Alyssa interrupts my thoughts.

"Hey you two, wanna go eat? I know this new cafe that opened up. It's called the Rosewater Cafe I think? My friend said it's really good."

I nod and look at Micheal who shrugs "why not?"