BETWEEN A PICK-UP LINE & A PUN - Bucky Barnes x Reader!

"Hi dollface". Bucky said entering your room, after a few knocks.

Giving your make up a final touch, you turned to meet your boyfriend. Your creamy colored dress flowing down to your heels as you stood up. To say he was looking good was an understatement, he looked like snack with his brand new haircut and his tailored suit.

Tonight was Sam’s birthday party at the compound, and he had specifically requested -more like ordered (order-like)- every attendant to wear their finest clothes. In Bucky’s case Wilson had personally sent him the suit. Mostly because he knew otherwise Bucky would show up in some jeans and a jacket, and in Sam’s own words that would be ‘outrageous’.

"Am I dead?...because I'm looking at an angel". He said, making you laugh.

“That was the worst pickup line I've ever heard.” You told him.

Taking your hand, he made you twirl. With his other hand on your waist he brought you closer to him. "You look swell". He commented, a smile plastered on his face.

“You don’t look too bad yourself Sargent… “ You replied eying him up and down, making Bucky blush. “Let’s go, Sam’s gonna get pissed if we arrive late…”

“The party is literally two floors down.” Bucky told you raising one eyebrow.

“Yeah, and we’re still going to hear him grumble from here.” You mentioned, chuckling. “Sam doesn’t play around when it comes to his birthday partying.”

The room was packed after a few hours. The music blaring. Fancy drinks in every hand. Sam having the time of his life, in his very extravagant outfit. Ladies all around. Somewhere along the way, about half an hour ago you had lost sight of Bucky. Finding him alone, on the other side of the room, you walked in his direction.

"Is it hot in here, or is that just you?" You asked approaching him from behind.

“I think is you actually…” He answered wrapping his arms around your waist. "What if we ditch this party and go see the submarine races?" He whispered in your ear.

“Well… we’ve already made an appearance, I think we’re good to go…” You replied.

"Let's make like a tree and leave". He said.

“Now that’s the worst pun I’ve ever heard!” You told him.

“Well, you are walking so… it works.” He replied guiding you towards the nearest exit.