MOVING IN - Chris Evans x Reader!

From the moment you and Chris first met, two years ago, you hit it off instantly. Your flirty nature instantly capturing his attention. Being a flirt himself, Chris had finally met his match. The chemistry  between the two of you so evident it went beyond the screen.

With witty remarks, playful banter and dirty jokes to spare, your relationship grew into an incredible friendship. You were free to be yourselves in the presence of the other. And Chris loved that. It was like a breath of fresh air for him.

With you he wasn’t anyone but Chris, the Bostonian guy who liked to dance along to 80’s songs when he thought no one was watching. The grown man that knew the lyrics to each and every Disney song and was not afraid to sing them at the top of his lungs. The dude who enjoyed watching a good football match with his friends and a cold beer in his hand.

And, in you, he had found a friend who would do all those things with him. Without any shame at all. That is why he had taken his sweet time to ask you out. He was afraid you might not feel the same way he did. He feared that your heart didn’t race whenever he smiled at you. That time didn’t freeze whenever he entered a room. Because that’s how he felt about you; but he feared he might lose your friendship for making a move on his feelings.

Ohh, but once he did... Once he gathered the courage to ask you out, and you accepted, he was the happiest man alive. And he made sure you wouldn’t regret you decision. Not that you were anyway. You loved the man. You always did. From the moment you met him, and you weren’t about to stop.

So here you were now, laying in the couch in the arms of your boyfriend as you binged your favorite show. A show that you had made your mission to make Chris like. At least enough for him to understand your references.

Moments like that were rare. Both of you were constantly, either, away or on the run for work. So, being able to spend as much free time as you got together wasn’t always an easy task. And Chris had been thinking for some time about something that could make the situation easier. He was just waiting for the perfect moment to bring the issue up. But when you stood for a moment, when you warmth suddenly left his side, he couldn’t hold it anymore.

“Stay.” Chris said holding onto your hand like it was his lifeline.

“I am.” You replied confused by his single-worded sentence. “I’m just going to get myself some water.” You explained pointing towards the direction you were going. “Would you like something from the kitchen?” You questioned, and he lightly shook his head. The smile on his face brightening at your cluelessness.

“Stay. Here, with me. Forever.” He said and you looked at him as clueless as before. A nervous smile playing on your lips as you sat back down on the couch waiting for him to explain himself. “I want this to be your home. I want to come home to you every day and every night. I want you to come home to me. I want to make memories with you here, even of the smallest of things. Like making breakfast in the morning. Or reading a book in silence, enjoying each other’s company without the necessity of words. Or enjoying a cup of coffee as we stare at the snow falling outside our window. I want you to be the first thing I see in the morning. And the last thing I see at night.  The house feels empty and sad when you go, but it always brightens whenever you’re around. I want to share my life with you; maybe we could start by sharing a home?”

“Are you asking me to move in with you?” You asked still processing the words that had just came out of your boyfriend’s mouth.

“Yeah, I am.” He replied, reaching to grab you other hand. “I even consulted with Dodger.” He stated.

“Oh really? And what did he say?” You asked chuckling lightly.

“That it took me long enough to ask.” He replied with a quiet laugh. “What do you say? Would you move in with us?” He asked and you nodded happily.

“I’d love to.” You replied closing the small distance that separated them with a kiss. A kiss that would seal such a great deal.