7.1 - Resolution

Location: Mines
Time: 0558

Y/N

"Stop... chasing us!" I shot the burning Wendigo, delaying its attack. "There's a door! Over there!" Mike shouts as we dashed towards it. Pushing the door open, I stumbled in as Mike goes to close it.

To our demise, the burning Wendigo kicks the door open pushing Mike back. Before anyone else could react, I launched myself at the Wendigo and forced the shotgun to its mouth, then pulling the trigger... the Wendigo's head explodes and the rest of it falls lifeless to the ground.

Mike scrambles to his feet and quickly closes the door, inserting his small shotgun into the handles. "Mike? Y/N?!" A familiar voice calls to us. Turning to the voice, it revealed to be Sam.

"Sam... what... why the hell are you here?" I ask her as I got onto my own two feet. "I was going to warn you guys about the Wendigos..." Sam answers as she hugs me securely.

I patted her back and returned the hug. "I think we got it." Mike answers. I nod in agreement, letting go of the hug. "Yeah..." Sam simply replies. "Let's find a way down to where this fucker lives." Mike utters as we venture into the Mines.

>>>
0600

"I was not prepared for how ugly that thing would be up close." Sam commented. "Yeah..." Mike uttered. "The Wendigo... it had a scar..." I let out. "Uh... what?" Sam confusingly lets out.

"You noticed too, huh?" Mike asks. Not wanting to confuse Sam, even more, I decided to explain it out loud. "There were these old photos back in the building. One of the miners had a scar... the one that was on the Wendigo. We then saw a reel of that same exact man turning into a Wendigo." I explained.

"You're kidding." Sam lets out. "During the '50s, there was a cave-in... several miners trapped." I continued. "Which means that thing is 80 years old. At least." Mike concluded.

"Spunky for an old-timer." Sam shrugged. "They cleaned the place out... killed a lot of people." Mike let on. "They? You mean there're more of them?" Sam questioned.

"Oh yeah." Mike heaved. "How many?" Sam asks. "Too many." Mike and I answered. After a few paces forward, the air around me felt... odd. "I think we're close. To the lair." Sam pointed out.

"How can you tell?" Mike asks. "I don't know... I just... feel really terrible all of a sudden." Sam confessed. "Ditto." Mike replies. Me, on the other hand, look up at the stalagmites and the natural look of the interior.

We then walk into what looks like an underground water system. "I really don't want to go in there..." Sam lets out, pointing to the eerie-looking waters. "There could be another way around...?" I suggested, looking around the area.

"Over here, I think." I lead as we turned left and followed a path. "Y/N..." I heard Sam call out to me. Every step, I slowly realized what we were walking into. "...a grave...?" I let out.

I suddenly stop when I stepped on something. Raising my foot, my eyes widen at the item. "No way..." I muttered in disbelief, holding an all too familiar wristwatch.

"Y/N... it's Beth's! This is her watch!" Sam realized. "What? Let me see..." Mike approaches my side, handing him the watch. "There's also a cross here..." I let out. "So this is where she was buried." Mike summarized.

"But... who dug her up?" Sam asks. No reply, I look up from the grave to see no opening. 'This isn't where they fell... did the old guy bury them? And then who dug her up?' I thought to myself.