Oh you've got to be kidding me...

18/2/19

POV: Third person.

Zak barged into his room. Kicking all the empty and half filled box's out of his way so he could crash on his bed. He groaned loudly into his blankets, letting it all out. "Why does school have to be so hard!?" The young teen slammed his head into the bed, letting out another yell.
There was a firm knock on the boys bedroom door.
"Cooome iiin!" Zak roared into his bed loud enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear. "Bad day?" Zak's father sat on the end of Zak's bed, looking down at his deflated son. Zak quickly popped his head up, "The classes are soooo hard! And all of the kids thought I was weird! THEY thought I was weird! Unbelievable!" He smashed his head back into the blankets violently, muttering to himself. "You're from a big city, it's bound to happen unfortunately." They stayed in comfortable silence for a little while, father and son just vibing in the moment, before said father decided to speak up.
"So, We both know you don't behave the best,"
"Correct." Zak smirked as he rolled over. "Well, knucklehead, your mother and I have been thinking you could get lessons from someone from the church to help you out." Zak bursted out in a fit of laughter, shaking uncontrollably. He didn't stop anytime soon, it lasted a while."No way, I don't even believe in that crap." Zak wiped away a fake tear, sitting up to face his father. "He won't be teaching you about Christianity, he'll just teach you about what and what not to do." Zak cringed greatly, "Don't tell me, the...pastor is gonna teach me...?" Zak started shaking his head in disgust. "No, if you agree it'll be his son." Zak stopped shaking his head and looked at his father wide eyed, a small smirk forming on his face. "Oooh, yes! I agree! I'll do it!" Zak smiled giddily, bouncing slightly on his springy bed. All his father did was role his eyes. "Don't corrupt him." The older male said, getting up to leave the room. "Urgh, you're no fun!" Zak pouted. "Yep!" And with that, Zak's father left and Zak got to thinking about all the things he was gonna do to annoy Darryl.

Darryl set the small table for supper. Putting all the bowls and spoons in their places and pouring the soup carefully into it. Darryl's father and mother walked in, sitting down as Darryl put a plate of bread in the centre of the round table. They all latched hands, "Thank you lord for this dinner, for providing all the materials needed to make it. We don't deserve you, amen." The father spoke, but all collectively finished the prayer together. It was silent, all eating without a word.
"So, you met that boy Zak today?" Darryl's father asked. "Yes." Darryl didn't dare speak another word, he knew what would happen. "Well his parents have brought forth the idea of helping him become a better person. They want you to help him." Darryl nearly chocked on his soup, a whole few hours being stuck alone with that rebel? Torture, pure torture. "Oh? Are you sure they want me?" Darryl asked, placing his spoon onto the table. "Yes, they asked for you specifically."

'Oh you've got to be kidding me...'

"Okay, when do I start?"

Word count: 574.