Chapter one: Awakening in a new world

Start from the beginning

The first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes, was the fact that I opened my eyes.

Didn't I die? I'm sure I did. From a fake Pokéball no less.

Looking around the room, I noticed the theme was...rather plain.

"Not bad though... at least its clean." I muttered.

White walls, green carpet, a bed with plain white covers, a large dresser, nightstand and a large desk.
A small old fashioned tv sat on top of the dresser and I stared at it momentarily in awe.

I've only seen one on the internet, never in real life!
It must be worth millions!
But wait....

"Where am I?"
Startled, I raised my hand to my throat, just then noticing black strands of hair over my shoulder.

"What the hell?! This is not my haircolor! What the fuck! My voice?!"
Standing up I was quick to notice something else. I was short.
Like super short.

Freaked out and heart pumping fast, I raced to the door, opening it and looking at the unfamiliar hall. A door was to my right, leading to a closet stuffed with blankets and towels, cleaning products on the floor neatly lined up.

Opening the next door a bit down the hall led to a bathroom, and I gladly shoved myself inside, panicking at the unfamiliarity of the place and my body.

It was upon looking in the mirror that I felt a sort of recognition go through me.

Dark ebony hair.
Caramel colored eyes lined with thick dark lashes.
Slightly tanned skin.
But what caught my attention, was the lightning shaped marks under my eyes, a slightly darker tone to them than my skin.
No fucking way—!

I was like if Ash Ketchum became a girl overnight. If I hadn't have been binge watching the cartoons with my friends to learn more about the game I never would have recognized my new form. I just saw the male version last night after all.

Footsteps sounded in the hall, and a grunting noise made me pause, before another pair, lighter, sounded.

"Ashlynn honey, breakfast is on the table! Don't forget you wanted to feed the Pokémon in the garden, you even begged me to bring back Kirlia from your cousin's house."

"......."
"Honey?"

A moment of silence before I realized she was actually talking to me.

Ashlynn. Ash-lynn. Not Marina. Not Mari. Ok. I can do this, lets adapt. Lets roll with it. I'm not nervous at all! Hehehehe.....

"Uh, I'll be out in a minute, just gotta pee!"

And I did too.

After washing my hands and face —gonna take awhile to get used to that— I opened the door.

Apparently the house has two floors, and I was on the second.
I took notice of all the pictures on the walls.
A woman with reddish brown hair and warm caramel eyes was prominent, along with a baby boy with dark hair and blue eyes. Did I have a brother?
I even saw my new self in a few, along with a picture of an older man—definitely Professor Oak— a woman with brown hair and green eyes, a little boy—definitely Gary Oak—and another girl with brown hair and green eyes. Daisy Oak?
There was also a picture of me —or the new me, really-sitting on the lap of a woman with fire red hair, a pair of teenage boys with the same red hair was sitting on either side of her.