"Oh, I haven't talked it out with Gedeon yet, but probably anything you want to do. If you're bored or looking for something to do, you can join me in cooking and cleaning," she said before looking down at my hands, pressing her mouth into a thin line for a moment. There as an unspoken question of curiosity, though she didn't dare to bring it up. She got up and looked at me curiously. "Once you're feeling better, of course. Well I'm going to leave you for about an hour, since I have to get ready for supper. Do you need anything by chance?"

I shook my head. "No, that is quite nice of you to offer. Thank you."

"Great, I'll come get you later when it's supper time, or maybe Gedeon will," she said the last part to herself more than to me. I tensed at his name, not knowing my fate will be and suddenly, the ring on my finger felt rather heavy. "Are you allergic to anything, Dove?"

"Not that I am aware of," I managed a small smile. Fed only the same minimum portion of food just to survive, I had no idea what exactly I could and couldn't eat.

She walked to the door slowly as she hummed. "Works for me, if you need anything, I believe Gedeon is in his room or in his office down the hall. Let me tell him you're in your room actually before he hounds me down. If you feel like walking around, just let Gedeon know. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

"Thank you," I got up, adjusting one of the shirts Anastasia had given me after bathing me. It was rather loose on my frame, falling over my shoulders and long enough to even go over the shorts I was given. "For everything."

She smiled gently as she shook her head and ducked her down, surprising me. "No, that's not necessary. I really hope we can be friends, Dove. Welcome to the family and more importantly, my queen. Who would have thought, huh?"

I shuddered at the words as she closed the door behind her. Finally alone, I felt all my muscles relax as I continued to look out the window. The day had been so profoundly busy, I felt like my mind was ready to cave in at any moment. It was rather odd at how much more freedom I had, despite being in enemy territories.

Slowly getting up onto the window ledge, I got on the tip of my toes to reach for the latch lock. Pushing it to the other side, I lifted the window open, ignoring the pain in my fingertips. It was the closest in years I felt the breeze and I desperately craved. Finally, the window budged, and I openly embraced the cold breeze that came tumbling in with wide arms.

Looking down, I realized just how tall I was. Should I jump in a means of escaping, I would have a likely chance of breaking my legs or killing myself before I can even make a dart for it. I couldn't help but smile, my heart surging for some reason. Even though the bristled cold makes my body ripple with goosebumps, I couldn't tear myself away from the window. That was, until a voice snapped me back to reality.

"If you're planning on jumping, I wouldn't recommend it."

Quickly turning my head, Aleksei was leaning against the door, his arms crossed. He stared at me in amusement as I continued to stand there, not sure what to say. I slowly turned as I tried pushing my hair back from the wind's constant need to push it on my face. "I wasn't planning to."

"You were planning to catch hypothermia and leave Gedeon as a widow? How cruel,"

"I was just looking at the view," I stated before taking another glance at the window.

"That's fine with me," he stated as he walked in. I cautiously looked at him as his eyes wondered around the room. "So, I never really introduced myself back there. My name is Aleksei Moroz, the older brother of Anastasia and Gedeon's bodyguard."