Six: Gedeon

Mulai dari awal

"You want us to help the Italian if they declare war within their internal families?" Nicolai asked, his voice low and deadly. "You want us to lay our lives down for the Italians?"

"I am," I replied a beat later.

In a blink of an eye, Nicolai ran over and took the vase, throwing it onto the floor in blind rage and did the same with the cabinet. Everyone didn't bat an eye at his rage, knowing it was better to let him take out his anger before we could even talk.

Aleksei sighed, shutting his eyes as he pinched his nose. "Sometimes I swear we should send him to a psychologist for his anger issues."

"So long as he doesn't harm anyone in the estate, I don't really care. He is my most loyal man and commander," I pointed out while a grin formed on my face as I extended my hand in front of Timor. He took another puff of his cigar as he eyed me. Cocking my head to the side, I continued to hold his gaze. "Money please."

"You should have stabbed Gedeon to take your frustration out," Timor grumbled to Nicolai while fishing for his wallet from his back pocket. He slammed the Benjamin into my hands, the sound echoing through the office. He wanted me to wince, but he would have to try harder to get a reaction out of me.

Nicolai snorted after he was done with his tantrum, rubbing at his shoulder. "Stabbing the boss means questioning him."

"And are you questioning my choices?" I asked, though I didn't care about it.

"As your most faithful men, never. As a friend? Hell fucking yes, I think we all are. Why didn't you just take a different approach to allow Mateo to repay his debt for killing our men? Like a duel?"

I nodded at his question. "Yes, I could have done that, but that's not the end goal. The goal is to crush them for what they fucking did to –"

Suddenly, a high pitched scream cut me off guard and everyone's eyes widened when they realized who's voice it was. It was just a small scream, just two second that sounded out of shock then of fear, but it didn't stop us from running down.

Shit, if anything did happen to Anastasia, there was no doubt I would have to kill Dove before myself. Racing to where the bathroom was, Aleksei was the first there at his sister's sudden scream from before.

"What happened?" Aleksei banged on the bathroom door loudly. He fumbled for the door knob and when it didn't turn, he continued banging frantically, trying to get her to reply. "Ana? Are you okay?"

"Yes," Ana squeaked on the other side. She cleared her throat, though she didn't open the door. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. It's nothing, I was just –"

"Move aside, I'm breaking the fucking door," Nicolai growled as everyone stepped away. He took three giant steps back and glared at me. "I knew this thing was going to backstab us. We can't trust an Italian no matter what. They're fucking snakes."

"No wait, don't –"

Nicolai didn't wait for Anastasia to finish before he slammed his whole body against the door with Aleksei, breaking it. Steam came pouring out of the room as we stepped in, trying to assist the situation. Anastasia yelped in surprise as we all examined her. Her sleeves were rolled up as she gawked at us. Taking her in, I realized that she was unharmed, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Are you okay?" Aleksei rushed to his sister and gripped her arms as he looked at her. "Please tell me you're okay."

"I said I was fine," she huffed as Nicolai approached her as well, trying to examine her and glared at Aleksei for taking the spotlight.