The Cliff at the Imperator Hotel & Casino

Eva's POV

I've had the hardest time getting dressed. It's hard to figure out what to wear when you're meeting someone that you barely know. Like do I dress modestly to not appear too forward? Or do I dress sexier and show some skin so that I appear edgy, youthful, and interesting? This is taking a lot more time than it really should. I've been going back and forth between my DVF wrap dress or my red Herve Leger bodycon dress.

It took me years to grow out my hair, so I intend to flaunt it out meticulously.

I know for a fact that I'm wearing heels because I'm on the shorter side. Frustrated with myself and the clothes, I finally settle for a Winslow dress: a simple v-neck navy blue wrap dress with oversized sleeves and a relaxed fit throughout the body, all the way to the floor. Did mention that it's also high slit?

As for my makeup, I made sure it was flawless. For good luck, I'm wearing my burgundy lipstick. I finished my look with a dramatic eyeliner. I felt like Cleopatra about to conquer Caesar.

It's 8:15pm when I make my way inside of the Cliff Spanish Restaurant.

I can't believe I am only 15 minutes late.

The aroma of the dining area hits me like the run of the bulls in Spain! A slim tall hostess escorts me to a VIP area where I see Kris seating at a table. He is just a sight for sore eyes! Every pair of eyes seem to be drawn in his direction. He stands up as he sees us approaching. What a gentleman! Looking at him makes everything perfect around me. Never in a million years have I pictured my trip to Vegas in such a glamorous environment. He is a vision from head to shoes in his smart Canali's suit with no tie! Perfectly styled dark hair gracing his face with a hint of exotic charm.

I am once again greeted by this intense alpha-like aura emanating from him. Tall, well-built, aquamarine eyes complimenting his dark raven hair accentuated by his tan skin, and the list goes on! He appears to have just a few of my favorite things! The things I just can't ignore in a man! Before I blink my eyes, he is holding my hand and pulling me into a tight hug. I'm able to feel his delicately chiseled biceps embrace my back. Oh my! He is fitter than I imagined! Lucky me! His smile is gloriously infectious!

"Sorry I'm late!" I whisper in his ears.

"You're worth the wait! Thank you for coming!"

What a wonderful hugger! This is probably one of the very few times in my life, a hug from a male wolf is making me feel parts of my body I forgot existed! Being that close to him, I can feel the intensity of his aura under my skin. It feels powerfully wonderful! He must be coming from a very powerful pack!

Kris' POV

It's 8:05pm when I uncontrollably tap my foot as I look around the restaurant. I hope she shows up. I did mention that it was The Cliff, right? I think I did. I hope I did. I can't remember at this point and I think it might be because of my nervousness messing with my memory. From the VIP section, I keep looking around as though there are multiple entrances to this restaurant, but there's only one way to get in and out and it's within my eyeshot.

I muster the courage to check my watch when she finally walks in wearing the most flattering dress I've ever seen on a she-wolf. She shimmers in the light as her flowing navy blue dress wraps her body in crepe... or is it silk? Either way, her glowing brown skin in combination with her high slit exposing her beautifully toned legs arouses both my senses and imagination. A goddess is walking towards me.

I stand as she approaches, which feels like the proper thing to do. People still do that, right?

Without thinking, I pull her into a hug. Luckily, she reciprocates the action. I think she's enjoying it? She looks like a goddess and smells like one too! I can't believe she is here!

"Sorry I'm late!" she whispers in my ears.

"you're worth the wait!" I say back to her as I thank her for coming.

I can't help but stare at her divine features. Her kissable lips were just pulling me towards them. Her hair, which I couldn't help but smell back when I was hugging her, falls to her waist and all I want to do is just play with it. I need to get a hold of myself. The last I want right now is to scare her away. I certainly do not want her to think that I make it a habit to ask random women out and lust all over them.

Actually, this whole thing is quite out of character for me. For the looks of it, I can tell that she is probably not used to hanging out with strangers. I could smell her nervousness and could easily sense that it is her first time accepting an invitation from a stranger. Yet, here we both are. And I'm glad we are.

Boy, is she beautiful! Her face is hypnotizing and her aura is intoxicating. How am I going to last through dinner when I'm a mess before drinks even arrive? I wonder what's going through her mind... but the last thing going through my mind will definitely make her run out of this restaurant. Get a hold of yourself, Kris! It's only dinner! I've been around she-wolves, but usually, it was under social gatherings that came with my duties. As I stared at her across the table, this felt like a connection, and I can't explain why to myself. Why am I so drawn to her? The more I stare at her face, I am losing myself within her big brown eyes. I wonder if she's feeling anything close to what I'm experiencing, but right now it's hard to tell.