55). The New Headmistress

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Of course, Mum," Lana said. "What were the things about the Ministry by the way?"

"Oh, yes, about those," Mum said. "Since Dumbledore had his plan in which no one expect the person he assigns can assume the position of Headmistress or Headmaster, Fudge could not put Umbridge as Headmistress. So he caved and allowed it. We set the conditions for that to limit Umbridge's power and abolishment of these... ridiculous decrees! I still have to review most of them."

"In my opinion," I said. "They should all be abolished. They're all absurd and completely revoke student's privileges to learn here." I looked down and picked up a few. "Like this one, Decree 133: Confiscation of unauthorized books. If they were unauthorized, they should be in the restricted section!"

"Exactly," Mum said. "Outright stupid... I'm all for the student's rights, the Ministry shouldn't decide on what they should or shouldn't do. But I am gonna do something about Decree 30." She said as she held up the one involving Fred and George. "We all need a good laugh around here."

Suddenly, Filch came into the office and came up to her about to ask her something, but Mum was faster. "Mr. Filch, for the supposed 178th time, I am not reinstating those old punishments!"

Harry POV

The day after Addison was placed as Headmistress, Hagrid decided to show us something in the Forest.

I didn't expect to see a giant that was his half-brother named Grawp.

He tried to introduce us to Grawp, but he took Hermione by his hand and Y/N was yelling at him to put her down. Grawp complied and Y/N apologized for yelling at him. One of the centaurs also had to warn Hagrid about him being in the forest again as well.

Today, I was to have my career path talk with Professor McGonagall and Addison, but as I entered, Umbridge was there too. Addison was keeping an eye on her and smiled at me.

"Harry!" she said. "Good to see you. Please, take a seat." She looked at Umbridge and came back to me. "Dolores here insisted on watching, but I'm going to make sure she stays in line."

Professor McGonagall sat down in the seat in front of me and took out a notepad. "You're here to have a talk with us about your career thoughts, Potter." She said calmly, "We do this so we can begin to aim your courses over the next two years to prepare you for your career."

"Oh, yeah," I said. "I did think about being an Auror."

"That is a good career choice," Addison said with a warming smile on her face. I'm beginning to see her more and more as a mother figure. "That path has its ways in the wizarding world."

"Professor Lovegood is correct," McGonagall said. "You'll need top grades for that. Challenging career path, but not unrewarding."

"Hem, hem," Umbridge said to get their attention but McGonagall ignored her.

"Professor Umbridge," Addison said sternly. "You said you were here to watch, not speak. The only one giving Harry input on his choice are Professor McGonagall and myself."

"You'll need to concentrate on Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Transfiguration, and Charms to adequately prepare yourself for the general Auror requirements." McGonagall said.

"So far, from your record," Addison said as she looked at a piece of parchment. "You have doing well in those classes."

"Hem, Hem."

McGonagall put her hand to her forehead. Addison was about to speak, but McGonagall spoke first. "May I offer you a cough drop, Professor Umbridge?"