[ 15 ] wanna build a snowman?

characters: tapl (harvey), zyph (dylan)
type: action, i guess?
au: minecraft au, minigames are a thing
warnings: none

Based on the video above! For those who can't watch it, i left a short summary at the bottom, but it's not necessary for the story.

Starting with this chapter, content notes (including plot holes and explanations of why I wrote what I wrote) will be at the end! The other chapters were updated accordingly.

Question of the day: What's your opinion on names? Do you prefer real names, persona names or do you not care?

X-x-X-x-X

- harvey's pov -

"Huh? He just picked up my ender pearls!", Dylan laughed, pointing an accusing finger at the snowman next to Harvey.

"Wait, actually?" Harvey quickly looked through his inventory. "I don't have them."

"Me neither. I had four and dropped you half, but now they're gone. I'm telling you man, the snowman picked them up!"

Harvey turned to his minion who stared back at him from empty holes carved into the pumpkin that made up its head. To be honest, snowmen always kinda freaked him out, but he put up with them because they were useful. The army he had accumulated this Skywars game had proven its worth already, helping the two of them get several kills on their way from their spawn island to mid and further to another island littered with pumpkins. More snowmen never hurt, right?

"Hold on, I'm just gonna kill it."

Dylan took out a bucket of lava. Harvey could feel the heat even several steps away, it clashed with the cold of the snow all around them. Harvey backed off, checking their surroundings in the habit of a year-long Skywars player - not that anyone could come near with two dozens of icy minions surrounding them.
The naughty snowman made no attempt to escape its fiery death as Dylan poured the lava over it, it just disappeared in a cloud of smoke, leaving behind a heap of quickly melting snow, hardening lava and two shiny enderpearls.

"See? I told you!", Dylan teased with a smirk in Harvey's direction.

"Yeah, whatever.", Harvey answered, knowing better than to react to Dylan's taunts. He dropped into a crouch, carefully pushing away snow and cooling lava with his sword to get the pearls.

Dylan's quiet voice interrupted him. "Uhm, Harvey?"

"Yeah?"

He finally could pick up the first pearl safely and tucked it away before starting to break away a piece of stone-hard dried lava trapping the second.

"Harvey!"

This time, Dylan was almost shouting and Harvey looked up in alarm just as the stone gave way to his blade and he grabbed the second enderpearl.
Dylan had drawn his sword and was looking around with wide eyes. Harvey followed his line of view and looked directly into the "eyes" of a snowman. He knew that they had no actual eyes, just carvings in the flesh of pumpkins, but he still felt like he was being watched. Uncomfortable, Harvey clutched his sword tighter. His glance wandered around, from snowman to snowman, and all of them were looking at him and his teammate. Suddenly, the smiles cut into their heads seemed more unsettling than funny.

"Dylan", Harvey said quietly, shuffling closer to his friend as the ring of snowmen around them tightened. "What's going on?"

"I have no idea." Dylan's voice had lost its usual confidence. "But I don't like it."