Twenty Five

---chaeyoung---

*Flasbacks*

I stayed at the hospital for the past days.I convinced dad to go home and had a rest while making sure I'll take care of mom.After a bunch of lovely arguments,he agreed.

I spend the days and the nights with my mom making sure she's all good and happy.I didn't mind loosing sleeps and staying all night as long as Mom was safe and good.We already informed mom's doctor that she had finally agreed about the operation.She'll be having the operation a week after.Right now,she'll be needing  bunch of rests for it.

I already had a 'talk' with Bambam making sure he was sticking out to our deal.Fortunately,he seemed to be in a good mood lately.Dad even told me he got a call from Bambam's family telling they'll take care of all the hospital expenses and bills.It was a relief.

Everything was going fine.Mom's condition was  going better and better.The doctor was even surprise
to the progress mom has been doing lately.It was a good sign.

---

Mom and I was busy watching TV when dad arrived. He quickly kissed my temple as well as mom's.
He smiled while hiding both of his hands behind his back..I realized,He was hiding something from my mom..it's a surprise,probably a bouquet that mom loved or anything..

"Close your eyes,honey.." dad ordered

"Come on,honey..we are too old for these stuffs.." mom rants..they're so lovely..

"No,mom..it's sweet..go for it dad!" I cheered

"See?Your daughter even cheered me up" he chuckled lovingly

"Fine"mom pouted but still closed her eyes

As soon as she closed her eyes,Dad placed a bouquet of flowers in my mom's lap.He leaned onto mom and pecked a kiss before saying she can opened her eyes.

"Oh my god,thank you!" she said and sniffed the flowers again and again

"Ooops,there's more.." dad beamed and gave mom a perfectly wrapped gift.

"What's this?can I opened this one?" Mom asked

"Of course,it's for you" dad said

Mom covered her mouth as soon as she opened the gift.It was a knitting kit.Right,I remember mom loved those stuff back then.Mom shed a tear and hugged dad while telling him she's beyond thankful for everything.I smiled and took a picture of them.

"Oh,by the way..I've got one for you too..look behind you" dad told me

What?I am not expecting anything at all..I looked at dad still wondering but he just nodded and gestured me to look behind me..and I did.There,at the couch, placed a thing wrapped in a perfect way too.

I went to the couch and held it.What is this?? I don't have anything in my mind right now.This was making me nervous.I looked at them and nodded like telling me to open the gift.I slowly unwrapped it revealing a box with black and green designs.Okay,those were my favorite colors.I opened the box that made me speechless..It was a sketchpad with some art materials..Paint brushes,Pencils with different types and more. I looked at them and sobbed as I made my way to both of them..I can't believe it..

"I am sorry chaeng,for stopping you back then from doing what you love..This is me,your father,telling you to do whatever you wanna do..Anything that makes you happy,that makes you feel contented and full..Anything that you love.. Do it,we'll support you.." dad said