Graduation

Grace:

Today is graduation day. I'm standing in front of our school wearing a blue robe. I was waiting for grandma. I spot her and start walking towards her. Someone stops me in track, it's Alex.
"Hey beautiful." He says
"Hi" I respond awkwardly and start biting my lip. Alex moves so quickly I
Hardly have time to see what's happening. He kisses me and I try to pull away but he holds me still. Once he is satisfied he lets me go smirking. I push him and slap him on the arm furiously.
"Idiot!!! My grandma is standing right there and she saw us! I was gonna introduce you to her as my boyfriend!!" I scold him.
His eyes widened as he looked at my grandma who was glaring at him as she started to walk towards us. I put his hands in his pockets and took out a box.
"It's your graduation gift" he said and I smiled surprised.
"Babe I'm sorry that you will hav ego face your grandma alone but I gotta go. I just wanted to give you this. I will make it up to you! Promise!" And with that he winked at me and left running in other direction.
I looked towards grandma and she was still walking towards me.

"What was that?" She asked as she glared at me.
"I'm sorry grandma. I was gonna introduce you to him today." I said looking at my feet.
"Then what happened? Why did he run away like that??" She asked
"Umm.. about that. He needed be somewhere else but he just came to give me my graduation gift" I showed her the box.
"Why was he kissing you like that in public?" She asked
"He.. he is my boyfriend. We have been dating." I said as I looked down and played with my fingers.
"When were you gonna tell me?" She asked accusingly
"I'm sorry Grandma. I thought I'll introduce him once I was sure. I-"
She cut me off and said "I don't want to listen anything. I need to meet him"
"Of course! He is really nice guy." I said immediately.
"Yeh. I'll be the judge of that." She said
"Hey Grace! It's time.. lets go.."Neily came running and started dragging me.
I looked at grandma and she nodded.
"Alex called me and said you needed help." She said as we walked towards the students seats.
"He is the one put me in that situation." I replied
"Yeh.. what happened?" She enquired
"He kissed me and grandma was watching us when he did." I explained
Her eyes widened.
"Yeh. She wants to meet him. From the talk we had I don't think she will allow me to go out till she meets him now." I told her.
"It's alright. They will be back in 2 days." She informed.
"They? Means all guys are going." I asked and she nodded.
I showed Neily my gift and I put it on. It had "La regina di Damien" engraved. I didn't understand the meaning of it. I might ask him later.

Graduation ceremony went smoothly.
Right now I'm at supermarket getting some groceries. I didn't talk to Alex since he was busy from 2 days with his business meetings. He messaged me good night everyday. I was excited to see him this weekend. He was going to meet grandma as my boyfriend for the first time. I hope it goes well. I was smiling thinking about it when someone spoke behind me.

"Well, well!! Isn't it the weirdo of the school?" Samantha said.
I turned and spoke "I don't want to talk you Samantha.. please leave me alone." I tried to turn when she pulled my hairs and I winced.

"Bitch don't turn away from me! I'm not finished yet. Alex hung out with you few times and you thought you could give me the attitude, huh?"
She pulled me in bathroom. I tried to look for help but nobody was there. She pushed me inside and fell on the floor my head bumping into the wall.

"I warned you to stay away from Alex. But you gold digging bitch didn't listen. Well, guess what? Alex and I getting married. His dad approve of me. He would never cross his dad." She spoke and I tried to comprehend the information.

"Ohh.. you might not know his dad. Well we are family friends. Would you like to see something" she spoke laughing bitterly. Then she pulled her phone and showed me a picture of Alex and a man in his 50s. Samantha was standing beside him as the old man looked at her. A small smile played on Alex lips too. I could not believe my eyes. But then I thought it might be a trap and so I denied her.
Hiding my head with my hand I looked at her and spoke "it could be your trap"
She laughed again bitterly and showed me several pictures of her, Alex and his dad.
"Still don't believe me? Well too bad bitch! Cause Alex don't care about you!! He is gonna marry me and if you try and come near him. I'll will send my dads men to kill that old hag of yours. You accidents do happen." She spoked as she looked at her nails and I looked at her terrified. I could not let anything happen to grandma.

"Looks like finally you got the message." She said and with one final kick in my stomach she left.

I stayed there crying of heartbreak. I don't know how could Alex do this to me. I don't know how much time passed but I gathered myself and went home.

I unlocked the door and went inside the house. Grandma looked at me and said "Grace there you are. What took you so long?" she asked. I just stood there and didn't answer. She walked towards me.
"Grace, what happened?" She asked worriedly and I broke down. I hugged her and she let me cry. She rubbed my back soothing me. After some time I pulled away.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" She asked
"I don't want to talk about it." I sniffled.
"Ok. How about you go upstairs and rest and I will get dinner upstairs for you." She said and I nodded.

I went into the shower and cried for I don't know how long. When I was out and ready I settled in my bed. Grandma came into bedroom and we ate dinner together. Alex kept calling and messaging me but I didn't respond. I was tired from all the crying I don't remember when the sleep came over me.

Please read, comment and vote!! Thanks!!!