Part 15: The Truth

Grim had entered the darkness of his mind, the mask was no longer there, no Tiana, no Faith, No Hope, nothing was anywhere except darkness. It had felt as if he was under water, not drowning though, just in the center of the sea, still slowly floating down, he wasn't uncomfortable or comfortable, scared or brave, he felt nothing. Soon enough he hit the bottom of his mind, around him he could see reflection of his life, he could see himself in the cave with Tiana, he could see himself proposing to Hope, he could see himself meeting Faith for the first time, he even saw his multiple suicide attempts that had no outcome, a tear rolled down his eyes as he looked at everything. In the distance he could even see a memory of him hiding a ring from Tiana, he wanted to propose but decided not to, the fire happened the same night.

As Grim traversed his memories and the darkness of his endless mind, he soon heard the roar from his dreams, the roar that scared the shadow off, it was soon followed by a raspy quiet laugh. Grim turned around and saw nothing, but soon arms started reaching from the darkness, grabbing at Grim trying to pull him in, Grim screamed a little and jumped back, the arms soon disappearing, and out of the darkness came a bright smile and eyes. The smile and eyes were glowing just like the shadows and their eyes, the eyes looked at Grim and said "It's a pleasure to be talking again~", Grim looked at the eyes and said "what the hell are you?", it was quick to respond and said "You know me Grim, I'm in all of your dreams, I'm the essence of Death, the stuff that is contained in your body, and your father~". Grim continued to look into the eyes and said "What do you want from me?", the essence said "Nothing, I'm just watching you, you entertain me Grim~", Grim had several more questions, but only one was important, he looked at the essence and said "So was it all just memories?", it laughed and said "No, no, the dreams were memories sure, but everything else was you're own world, remembering everyone how you wanted to, and living how you wanted to~". Grim looked at the essence and said "What do you mean?", it laughed more and said "Well for starters you wanted you're relation ship with Tiana to be perfect, even though in reality it was rocky, and you remembered Faith as a kind daughter who loved you, even though she attempted to kill you and the world, and most importantly you wanted Hope and Faith to be alive, even thought they're not, Hopes been dead for 20 years, Faiths been dead for about a year~".

Grim dropped to the ground and started to cry, all the memories were flooding back about how they died, and all the blame he had felt, he looked at the essence and said "Is Tiana okay?", it's smile turned blank and it said "I honestly don't know if she's alive or dead...". As Grim cried the essence continued to look at him and say "Don't think you're suffering pleases me, I pity you I really do, you've been through Hell and back, literally, well I must be going now". When the essence said that Grim quickly shot up and said "No wait please don't go, I have more questions!", the essence laughed and said "Oh please, it's time for you to wake up, I can't stay here any longer", the face soon faded away, Grim yelled out "What do you mean wake up?!", soon a crack of light appeared and the crack quickly grew, soon the darkness shattered, and thus Grim had been met with a horizon. He looked around, his vision blurred, he put his arm up to block his eyes from the light, he saw his arms covered in bandages, he looked to the door way and saw that someone was there, but it was to blurry to make out who it was, as he looked at the person he spoke out and said "Tiana?".