Chapter 16: Working Alone

Start from the beginning

"No." Five said panicking as he looked around noticing all the destruction and rubble surrounding him. It felt as if all was happening once again.

"Five!" He heard Luther's voice inside his head but he couldn't see him anymore. "Five!" He repeated again as the boy turned around scared of what was happening to him. "Hey, Five." He heard once more followed by some knockings.

"No!" The boy screamed inside his head hearing Luther call for him once more and he snapped out of it.

Both Five and Cassie had been suffering from extreme PTSD lately due to what happened in the apocalypse.  This wasn't the first time the boy had experienced it but every time he did it felt so real and it really freaked him out.

The boy turned to look at Luther with a scared look on his face as he tried getting inside the car. "What are you..." Luther muttered as he struggled to fit in the copilot seat. "Oh my god." Luther panted as he managed to sit down and closed the door next to him. "You okay?" Luther asked getting concerned about Five.

"You shouldn't be..." Five said looking at his gigantic brother reformulating his sentence. "How did you find me?" The boy questioned Luther.

"Um..." Luther said and turned around to the back of the van and Five did the same.

"Hey, baby," Klaus whispered to Delores as he held her close at the back of the van. "Hey, a little privacy, guys. We're really hitting it off back here." Klaus said as he noticed both Five and Luther's eyes on him.

Five looked at him and quickly grabbed the closest thing he could find and threw it at Klaus as he screamed. "Get out! You can't be here!" Five said angrily to Klaus but also meant it for Luther. "I'm in the middle of something." The boy said taking a deep breath.

"Any luck finding your one-eyed man?" Klaus asked as he peaked his head from the back of the van.

"No." Five whispered.

"What's he talkin' about?" Luther asked looking at Five and Klaus confused. He was completely out of the loop.

"Does it matter? It's Klaus." Five replied to Luther and sighed not wanting to answer more questions. "What do you want, Luther?"  He asked as he looked at Number One.

"Um..." Luther said trying to word his thoughts. "So, Grace may have had something to do with dad's death. So I need you to come back to the academy, all right? It's important." Luther said seriously to Five.

"It's important." Five repeated to himself Luther's words knowing it really wasn't any of his business. "You have no concept of what's important." Five said getting pissed off at Luther for caring about something so stupid.

"Hey! Did I ever tell you guys about the time I waxed my ass with chocolate pudding?" Klaus said out of the blue and laughed to himself. "It was so painful."

Both Luther and Five looked at each other and shook their heads disgustedly not believing what their ears were hearing. Why was Klaus like that?

"What are you still doing here?" Luther turned around and asked Klaus.

"Ay, ay, ay. What? I— I need an excuse to hang out with my family?" Klaus said beginning to get offended.

"We're trying to have a serious conversation," Luther explained to Klaus.

"What, and I'm incapable of being serious? Is that what you're saying?" Klaus said but got interrupted by Five.

"Luther's got a point, you should get out." Five said and looked at Klaus who looked back at him in shock.

"What?" Klaus said feeling betrayed by his siblings but did as they told him so and exited the van. "Fine!" He yelled at them closing the door behind him and walked away.

"What the hell are you up to?" Luther asked breaking the silence between him and Five.

"Believe me. You wouldn't understand." Five replied simply not feeling like telling Luther about his plan. He knew that as Number One he would try to take on the rails and ruin everything more.

"Try me. Last I checked, I'm still the leader of this family." Luther said trying to make himself comfortable.

"Well, last time I checked, I'm 28 years older than you." Five said back to Luther making a good point.

"You know what your problem is?" Luther began to say as he looked at Five.

"Really hoping you'll tell me." Five replied sarcastically. He didn't have time for this.

"You think you're better than us," Luther stated to the boy sitting next to him. "You always have. Even when we were kids." Luther kept talking and Five let out a sigh as he was beginning to get irritated. "But the truth is, you're just as messed up as the rest of us. We're all you have. And you know it." Luther spoke his thoughts as Five just glared at him.

"I don't think that I'm better than you, Number One. I know I am." Five replied to Luther menacingly. "I've done unimaginable things, things you couldn't even comprehend." Five said angrily as he looked away.

"Right. That's why you got Cassie stuck with you for what... 45 years?" Luther said as he looked at Five hitting a nerve on him.

"That has nothing to do with this." Five said furiously at Luther.

"Yeah, whatever you say. Talking about Cassie... Why is she not with you?" Luther asked his brother genuinely curious about the whereabouts of the last Umbrella Academy member.

"I swear if u hear that question one more time."Number Five groaned and look at Luther. "I don't know! She must be at the academy but seems like none of you care enough to look for her." Five said rolling his eyes.

"I just assumed she would be with you. She has been with you for the past few days." Luther said not understanding why Five suddenly got so angry when he brought Cassie into the conversation.

"Well, you assumed wrong bug boy." Five said to Luther. "I just came back here by myself to save you all." The boy said quietly and stayed quiet.

Suddenly a wild Klaus ran in front of them holding some snacks from a store nearby. Some policemen following after him trying to catch him.

"Hey, bitches!" Klaus yelled trying to get the attention of both Luther and Five. He just kept running through the streets almost getting hit by a car.

"Now I'm starting to wonder if that was the wisest decision." Five said as he watched Klaus.

Five was really was doing all of this for his family and none of them really understood that. They thought Number Five was just wasting his time acting all crazy, and that time travel had affected his head.

"So, are you coming?" Luther asked Five hoping he would come along and leave behind whatever he is doing.

"Absolutely not." Five replied coldly.

He really wasn't planning to move from this spot till he found any leads on the owner. No matter what any of his siblings told him. He just had other priorities for now.

————————

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you so much for 2k read and a little over 100 votes. It makes me happy to know some of you are really enjoying the story. I hope you all are having a wonderful day/night! 💕

Update: Wattpad is being weird and it's not counting reads anymore (idk why) so to all of you who are actually voting for this chapter thanks a lot 🥺. Is anyone else having this same problem?