Chapter 03: Welcome to the team Seiji!!

3rd person POV

Seiji walked the hallways of Karasuno, while humming softly. The school day ended with most students going to attend their clubs. Seiji had yet to join the Volleyball team as his dear brother requested he wait for him to go to the gym. He was silently walking without noticing the questioning looks from three third  years.

"Hinata? Why isn't he in the gym yet?" Suga asked sceptically, seeing Hinata stroll around the school, uncaring of the stares sent his way. "Is he planning to skip?! Wait, no Hinata would never skip, might have something to do..." Suga reasoned with himself, while Daichi and Asahi sweat dropped at him.

"Oh well, whatever he's doing he'll go to the gym later." Daichi assured and the three walked to the gym.

" Hey does anyone know why Hinata was outside, walking around for no reason?" Daichi I asked, scratching his head while his eyes were closed. Once he opened them, he saw the baffled expressions of his batch mates, before turning and see said Hinata.

"Wh-What the!? We just saw you outside!" He shouted, baffled at the sight of Hinata fully dressed, and practicing with Kageyama. Surely he wouldn't arrive before them..... Well of course they weren't aware of which Hinata they saw.

"But Daichi, Hinata has been here before you three arrived." Yamaguchi guilted his head in confusion.

None of them had noticed the playful smirk on Hinata, Shoyo. He understood what was happening but let it be so he could make fun of them and surprise them with his dear twin.

"Daichi-san! I was here practicing with Kageyama! What are you talking about?" He asked curiously, hiding the amused grin he had.

Ukai had a small suspicion on what was happening along with Yachi who had a new student to her class. They heard the gym doors open and their eyes, excluding Hinata and Ukai's, widen in surprise.

There stood Seiji, with an awkward expression, his gold eyes searching for his brother. "U-Uhm...." He failed to speak, and saw that Shoyo ran to hug him.

"Seeeiiijjiii!!" He dragged out his name, tightly hugging him by the waist.

"Sh-Sho-nii! I can't breathe properly!!" He yelled, before his brother released him with a mischivious grin.

"Hinata what the hell?!" He heard Tanaka yell in shock.

Hinata smirked at him before displaying a shining holy light over his dear younger twin. "Meet my precious younger twin brother Hinata Seiji!!" He introduced flamboyantly, on one of his knees, flaunting his brother with his arms outstretched.  Seiji could only sweat drop in embarrassment, as he sighed and smacked the back of his brothers head.

"Stupid....." He whispered, before yanking his brother to his feet. Shoyo apologized for embarrassing him before gaining a weak punch to the shoulder.

"U-Uhm... I'm Hinata Seiji, but call me Seiji so their won't be any problems." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

The team was staring intently at the nervous Hinata, who stood there in discomfort. Shoyo wanted to glare daggers at them for making his brother anxious but decided against it, rather he slapped his brothers back.

"I-I... I would like to....join the team..." He requested, pressing his fingers together.

Ignoring the fact he was the most mature, intelligent, and dangerous of his siblings, he was fairly shy around strangers. Like a cat that runs away from someone, and then scratched your face in retaliation. He was antisocial, and rather spend time in libraries or on his studies during his time in London. Usually playing volleyball to sharpen his skills, just so he could meet his brothers expectations.

"Nice to see you Seiji. Now what positions do you play?" Ukai asked the younger twin, who seemed a bit more comfortable speaking to the man.

"Spiker, setter and Libero. I'm rubbish at blocking." He said, and laughed sheepishly.

"Eh?! I thought you just played setter. Mou~ Why didn't you tell me you'd play other positions?" His brother whined and clung onto him, like a damn Koala. Seiji sweat dropped at how clingy his brother became, before sliding himself of his grasp.

"So embarrassing...." He murmured to himself, face tinted red.

"Why don't we have a match?" Ukai suggested and the entire team agreed, with Hinata immediately claiming his brother to be with him.

"Seiji's gonna be my setter!" Declared a sparkly eyed Shoyo.

Kageyama scoffed, offended of Shoyo's declaration, and prompted to be on the opposing team. 'Kageyama and Hinata in opposite teams?' Sugawara sweat dropped but then smirked, seeing the jealousy on his fellow setters face.

———

The teams were Five vs Five.

Team one being: Seiji, Shoyo, Tanaka, Daichi and Tsukishima

Team two: Kageyama, Yamaguchi, Noya, Sugawara, and Asahi.

Up for the first serve was Kageyama himself, and he smacked the ball hard to the other side of the court. Daichi was able to receive it and sent it towards Seiji, who played as their setter. He saw both Tanaka and Hinata run towards the net and he tossed the ball to the upcoming ace of their team. Tanaka spike it down, but....

"ROOLLLIIINNGGG!! THUUNDEERR!!"

Noya came saving the ball, yelling proudly. Seiji blinked in confusion, before glancing at his brother for an explanation. Shoyo only shrugged with a wide grin.

The ball was tossed by Kageyama and to Asahi, promptly spiking the ball but had Tsukishima block him. The ball slammed down on team two's side.

It was team 1's turn to serve, with Tanaka. He threw the ball in the air and jump to spike it to the other side of the court. Noya being the superb libero he is, dug it up, and sent it to Sugawara. Suga went to toss it to Kageyama, who spiked the ball as hard as he could, but the ball was received by none other the the decoys twin.

Seiji winced a bit, but sent it to Tsukishima who he had faith on. He was the best candidate to set, as he had better control. Tsukishima, determinedly set it towards Hinata who smacked it down the court, but was blocked by Kageyama. Though the ball flew to Kageyama's side, Yamaguchi sent it to Asahi.

The ace spiked it and Daichi dug it up. Seiji was waiting for theball to fall into his fingers tips, as he stared intensely the ball.

'This timing, This position..... No way!'

He set it to his brother with incredible speed and accuracy, with Shoyo performing his infamous Quick with Kageyama. The ball slammed down just beside Yamaguchi, as the first year felt a gust of wind from the strong spike.

"Yosha!! Sei-chan, your still my number done setter!!" Shoyo sqeualed and hugged his brother tightly. Seiji slapped his back, requesting him to release him but didn't comply.

"Wait... Sei-chan... Oh crap it was his brother who he texted not a girlfriend!" Tanaka screeched in disappointment.

"Oh look~ the king has competition." Tsukishima teased the still shocked Kageyama.

'You gotta be kidding me?! I'm not the only one who can pull of that quick?!' Kageyama stood there in disbelief, starting to feel jealous of the praise and affection Seiji received from his brother. He was confused... Why was he envious?

But a small grin from Seiji assured him... Until he hugged his brother back, smirking at him triumph. Seiji's stuck his tongue out, while tightening his hold on the hug. Kageyama's eye twitched in annoyance, as he clenched his fist and glared at the younger twin....who was stealing the attention of Shoyo from the setter.

'This brat!'

In the end, Seiji was warmly welcomed into the team, with a newfound rival for Shoyo's attention.