INT. MARAUDER'S DORM - NIGHT (LATER)

All the Marauder's lie in their beds doing different things. Remus reads the final few pages of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Peter snacks on some peanuts, James fiddles with his wand, and Sirius is just lying down with his eyes closed.

JAMES
Can you believe Frank and Alice are going to the dance together?

SIRIUS
I sensed a little chemistry there.

JAMES
When are you asking Marlene, Sirius?

SIRIUS
I beg your pardon?

JAMES
Don't get all 'rich, fancy boy' on me, are you gonna ask Marlene tomorrow?

SIRIUS
I mean, I kinda told Moony I'd go with him as a friend so he's not lonely.

REMUS
If you were looking to take Marlene, I'll be fine alone. I wouldn't say I'm desperate for a date to this dance.

SIRIUS
Oh, then yeah, I'll ask Marlene tomorrow.

PETER
I like you two together, you're both really good people and pretty cool about everything.

SIRIUS
I wouldn't say we're together...

JAMES
Peter's right, you and Marlene do fit well together. Don't you agree, Moons?

REMUS
(a little disappointed)
Yeah.

JAMES
I'm still so mad at Snivillous. Lily shouldn't have to deal with "friends" like that. She's such a good witch that it shouldn't even matter if her parents are wizards or not.

REMUS
He was only listening to the Malfoy kid. Severus is just a follower. It doesn't make him sitting there and letting the conversation happen correct but I honestly wouldn't expect anything less.

JAMES
Merlin, I hate Malfoy too. Lucius Malfoy, he can go hex himself.

SIRIUS
Imagine having your cousin dating him?

JAMES
You're joking!?

SIRIUS
I wish, mate.

REMUS
God, he's the filthy one, nevermind these muggleborns.

JAMES
Unless he wants his child to be a product of incest, he better get used to the idea of half-bloods or muggleborns.

SIRIUS
Hey!

James, Remus, and Peter stop everything they're doing and look over to Sirius. Sirius just bursts out laughing.

SIRIUS (CONT'D)
Just joking around, having your parents as cousins who have a blood obsession isn't very ideal.

PETER
You really called 'em out.

SIRIUS
I guess so. James, can I have my jumper back?

JAMES
I thought you said I can use it for a bit.

SIRIUS
(spelling things out for James)
I did, but I'm a little cold and was wondering if I could have so I can wear it to sleep.

JAMES
Oh. Well, I kinda spilled some pumpkin juice on it during dinner.

SIRIUS
(laughing)
Merlin... I guess I'm going to sleep in the,
(eyeing James)
cold. Goodnight boys.

PETER
Goodnight!

JAMES

Sweet dreams, Sirikins!

Sirius sits up just to shoot James another look. James is smiling. Then all the boys blow out the candles near their beds.