1. Me And You

Me And You - Laura Marano
"Me and you, so glad I got a guy like you"

ANNABELLE

We have an intimate relationship.
It sustains my mind and body, especially my tongue, giving me everything that I need.
A burger.

After savoring every bit of it, I leave few notes and make my way towards the parking lot.

The crisp cold air bite goosebumps on my skin. Smiling, familiar faces greeting me every now and then, cops running around the streets. The Millennium park and it's bean (Cloud gate), being at the top of my 'Favorites' list along with ranting about some shit with people everyday.

How much am I gonna miss Chicago. My birthplace, childhood and all my memories related to it.

Why? I'll be moving to London in order to complete my training period.

I was picturing myself struggle in some foreign country in a state of complete disheartenment. With all the near and dear ones miles away, a completely different place with people around you having different mind sets, accents, culture, cuisine, and the list never ends.

But Royal Brompton Hospital assured me their training years with a bind period of 2 years after which I was a capable cardiologist, and could also provide me licence for cardio surgery. American Heart Society wrote a letter to my father for sending them to sponsor me to study and complete training at Royal Brompton. He hesitated about it for quite a while before my sister could assure of me being absolutely safe and successful.

Before everything and anyone else, I myself was fascinated about going to a different country and, in fact, settling there too. I dreamt of London, Royal Brompton Hospital and even if I had to sacrifice my childhood place I would.

Mentally; thanking my sister.

Pushing my thoughts aside, I get into my car and drive away to Brandon's place.

"Hey brad!" I call out.

"Hi" he greets me from his kitchen. "See what I've made for you" my thoughts disappear while his exciting voice makes a way through me.

"Wow! Really? Did you make it?" I stare at the hot chocolate cake with an amazing chocolaty fragrance infusing into my olfactory lobes, leaving me partly drooled.

"Did YOU really make it?" I eyed him.

"Course, I can make stuffs." He replies.

"Ohh yeah!" I grab the cake from his hand and cut it into huge pieces before having them. Once more, the chocolate aroma gets me bemused.

"Mmmm.. You'll make an amazing cook buddy" I compliment Brandon, his magical hands for making this amazing cake.

"Umm.. Thanks darl" he blushes. I shot up a look and continued to peck on the cake again. There was a sudden silence except for my 'mmm's' and 'chomps'.

Brandon. My boyfriend? No! He was a best friend. I never felt for the need of a boyfriend. People say it hurts to have one. And moreover medical school was a tiring. Me and my sister, who was now in the final year of completing her training in pediatrics, would go to the college before our parents woke up and return home back after they went to sleep. Though my sister dated quite some in the course of residency but she wasn't very affected because they usually ended up breaking up with her and she was least bothered.