Chapter 1: Introductions

Start from the beginning

„We have to repair 5 Generators to get out before-"

Claudette was cut off by the ominous heartbeat that began to pound in their ears. Luna's hand slipped and the generator blew up. She flinched backwards and caught sight of a figure.

It was a girl, about the same age as Mika.

Luna felt her blood run cold, at the sight of her. „IT'S THE SPIRIT! RUN!"

Claudette shouted and vaulted through the window, jumping down a hole in the floor Luna hadn't noticed. Bill was running down the stairs to escape. Luna vaulted after her, hardly escaping the Katana that hit the wood behind her.

The Spirit hissed and stepped over the window, pursuing the new girl.

Luna had jumped down the stairs and into the cornfield. She dodged another slash of the broken Katana and stormed out of the cornfield, Spirit hot on her tail.

Luna looked behind her and failed to notice the vault window in front of her.

She ran into it, falling over it. She laid on her back, foot hanging off the vault. In her panic, she gripped the gun that was still in her pocket and aimed.

The raging facade of the Spirit broke apart at the sight of the firearm. She was terrified.

Luna fear strucken at the sight of her hacked off limbs pushed the trigger...

Only for the weapon to fade away like burnt ash.

Luna paled. Fuck.

The Spirit howled and grabbed her foot, slashing her Katana at the girl. Luna felt pain shooting through her as she gained on enough strength to bolt up and run.

A generator popped in the distance, taking the attention of the Killer.

It was only a second but Luna took the opportunity and escaped. She limped behind a tree and watched as the Spirit just stood still and then dissolved.

Luna blinked and bit her lip. Blood seeped through her black shirt. The bandage on her arm caught blood that seeped through the fabric.

A tap on her shoulder, made her flinch and deliver a weak punch.

Bill easily caught her wrist and watched as the shock in her eyes turned into relief.

„C'mere I'll fix you up." he said pointing to her wound.

„T- thanks." she muttered.

Bill treated her wound, but he kept starring at her, Luna noticed.

„W- what is it?" she choked out. The pain was making it harder for her to form words without crying out. She could handle it though, Luna had worse.

„I saw you aimin' at the Spirit kid. Where'd you get that?" Bill asked her, momentarily stopping the bandaging.

Luna swallowed the urge to cry. Mika... „My sister gave it to me... It wasn't exactly safe where I grew up."

Bill nodded. „I know what'cha mean kid."

He finished up the bandages and they crept through the map together. Luna stopped at a hook, staring at the bloody metal.