Just A Month

Johnny and I were directly guided to the office of the new headmaster Mrs. Umbridge and we were immediately overwhelmed with the sheer amount of pink.

She had an awfully high-pitched voice which disguised threatening words

She had an awfully high-pitched voice which disguised threatening words. She told us to 'associate us with the right kind of people' before sending us off to dinner while our luggage was being transported to the dorms.

It felt strange being in my uniform again and walking down the halls but it didn't hurt as much as I expected it to be. The memories that kept coming back to me weren't haunting but fond and I smiled sadly. Johnny seemed to feel the same.

Before we walked around the corner that would lead us to the great hall we halted in our steps and looked at each other.

"Ready?" Johnny asked me and I sighed.

"Have I told you that the last time I saw the Slytherins I beat someone up?" I asked. Johnny's eyes widened and I groaned.

"Please don't leave me," I whined as I tugged on his sleeve. I was sure Pansy Parkinson was going to scratch out my eyes the second I entered the hall. And I didn't even want to think about a certain blond haired Slytherin boy who I swore to never see again.

"At least we look hot," Johnny shrugged after a while and I laughed.

Over the summer we both seemed to have had a growth spurt and I hoped for Johnny it meant that he had met his final form because he was already three heads taller than me

"Shall we?" he eventually asked and I sighed before nodding.

The second we entered the great hall all chatter and noise died down and I sighed.

"Why are we doing this again?" I asked between clenched teeth. Johnny rolled his eyes,

"Just ignore it," he said, holding his head up high and walking towards the Slytherin table.

I wanted to follow him but I heard my name being called and looked over to the Gryffindor table. The Weasley twins were coming my way and before I could react Fred had picked me up and twirled me around, George doing the same afterwards. I laughed and hugged them back.

Soon I made my way through the Gryffindor table and finally ended with Ron, Hermione and Harry.

"You look great, Lia!" Hermione complimented and I retreated the kind gesture.

"Can I please eat here, guys?" I begged and they nodded.

During lunch they filled me in on everything and by the end of it my head seriously hurt.

The oppression. The denial of Voldemort's return. Unbridge torturing students. The rules on the walls. Dumbledores Army. Harry's visions.

If I hadn't had a feast to get me through it all the new information would've been helplessly overwhelming.

"What are you going to do about that?" Hermione eventually asked me, pointing towards the Slytherin table. My eyes immediately met those of Pansy Parkinson and if looks could kill then that toad face would've had me dead right here and then.

I groaned, my face falling into my hands,

"I don't know, okay? God, I'm just glad the dorm rooms are password protected," I mumbled.

"Okay and what about Malfoy? He's been starring for an hour now," Harry asked. My eyes involuntarily went to the Slytherin table again but I darted away the second I saw a bit of blond hair.

"It's just a month..." I sighed.