Nineteen

Since Gavin popped out of nowhere, he said he will make tambay na lang daw. Which I don't get because why do I have to encounter him every damn time? "Sasama ka ba para asarin si Jaze sa office?" Ethan asked as we got out of the mall. The one who asked laughed. He was cackling while swaying the paperbags.

"He hates it whenever we bring him food bought by his girlfriend. So yeah. I mean, hindi naman si Diane bumili nito but you get the gist." He said and waited on the side. Nasa likod akong part ng sasakyan when both of them opened the car on each side, Ethan on the front seat and Gavin opened the car door on the passenger. Lumingon sila sa akin at nagkatinginan silang magkaibigan.

"Jen." Ethan called as I went near and passed Gavin.

Pero agad akong napabalik sa tabi niya, "Dito ka na sa hulihan." Both of them was holding my forearm.

"I will pick the seat that I want." I said sternly. They let my arm go and I went on the opposite side of the passenger seat and opened the car door by myself. It was just a seat. I saw Ethan go on the driver seat as Gavin was still holding the door.

I felt a presence beside me and Gavin was sitting beside me. He looked upon his shoulder and to me. "I can pick my seat too." He said in a low voice.

Ethan cleared his throat. "Mukha ba akong driver niyo?" Simangot niya.

Gavin averted his gaze on me and I shook my head. "Fine, ako na lilipat." Sabi ko. The latter beside me held my arm once again and shook his head. "What?"

"Ethan, magdrive ka na." Gavin demanded and three of us rendered silence.

Pero habang nasa biyahe, I felt Gavin pulling my hair and I swear to god, pagka-park ni Ethan sa tapat ng building, I stormed off the car and ascended to Kuya's office. They eyed me and I pinched Gavin's waist. He doesn't even have much fat to begin with. They guy's too buff. Fine. I ignored him for more minutes but... when Ethan was inside the office and I am stuck with Gavin inside the pantry. He was eating what his friend bought him earlier while I am having coffee again. I don't know what else to get here since I already ate. We were sitting in a small table with two chairs. We've been here for ten minutes now.

Nobody dared to talk.

My phone was in pocket and it was vibrating but I couldn't get it. I was just staring at my cup. He was taking glimpse as if I don't see him. He was always opening his lips but no words seem to be forming. I sighed and took a sip on my drink. He put his chin on the tumbler he has been holding when we got inside. He had sighed and tap the table for many times.

Messages from his phone started a sound and his whole face lit up. I saw how animated his expression was. That's when I got my phone and see who's messaging me.

Sungit. Hoy.

I lifted my head and squinted my eyes at him. "I'm in front of you." I said. He was texting me.

He rested his chin on his tumbler. "Then talk to me." Binalik ko ang tingin sa phone ko and scrolled it down. Tons of messages, saying talk to him.