Eleven

"What kind of party?" Mom asked as she checks her closet and went back inside. It's Saturday again and tomorrow will be Angela's birthday. She actually went here earlier with Baste to personally invite me. That was so sweet of her. Though, I already know because of Gavin.

I followed Mom inside and kept talking. "They're planning on swimming but we're only few, siguro sa booze na lang ako pupunta." It was arranged by Robby's, because both him and Baste are friends with Angela. Mom nodded. "I don't actually get it? Kasi mer'on si Angela ngayon. I am with Baste, Robby's friend? When we bought her napkins." I shrugged. 

When Mom didn't find any, we went  at my room picking what to wear. This became our bond every time I got invited on parties. I will actually leave after twenty minutes to pick out a gift for her, this is my cousin's friend and they're all genuine people and I am happy that she invited me.

Mom was eating chocolate she found on my side table while leaning on my headboard. "Maybe go with speedos? It's Robby naman pala." I looked at her, disgusted.

"Mom, I don't own one." I said while frowning. "Maybe a one piece?" She nodded. "With a see through cardigan, I don't know?"

We heard a doorbell and Mom immediately ran because it might be Dad. God, these teenagers. I rolled my eyes and readied my outfit for tomorrow.

I went on the library to get my laptop because I have to finish something with music whatsoever. It's just a theory about classic composers. My prof was surprisingly engrossed into it and he made it a homework for us. I enjoyed learning but research really makes me weak. I hate it.

Voices from the ground floor of the house echoed and I knew it wasn't Dad. I hugged my laptop as I descended. My eyes widened when I saw Gavin talking to my Mom. "Sweetie, he's looking for you." Mom said as she pulled me near him. "May sasabihin daw siya." She went away and I eyed her as she walked hurriedly into our kitchen.

Lumingon ako and his hands looked so polite. "What is it?" I asked. "Are you looking for Ate Ehra again?" I squinted my eyes. "She's not-"

"Movie marathon na lang daw bukas, since mer'on pala si Angela." He explained. "Pati ikaw..." He whispered. He averted his look at me.

"Yeah, I was with Baste when he bought her napkins. So saan daw ang venue?"

Tumingin siya sa paa niya. What with him? "Kila Robby lang." He said.

I nodded. "I'll just text Robby what time, thank you for informing-"

"Kasama mo pala si Tantan kahapon?" He said abruptly. I blinked when he was holding my stare.

I nodded slowly and smiled. Now that I remembered it, I should stroll alone in Kongkong. Maybe after Angela's birthday. He was biting his lips as if he has something to ask for more.

"Robby went here kanina because I was looking for you." I looked at him puzzled.