Fifteen

Click the external link. Thank you!

-

It's Wednesday.

Still bothered on what I felt on Sunday that even Mom kept asking me what happened and hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko. "Jen?" Fiona nudged me on my seat. We're in our classroom. "Are you okay? You spaced out so much, where were you right now?" Asar niya. We're done in our subjects and we're hanging out for our org.

"Three months away na 'yong event pero wala pa akong answer na natatanggap." Jessie cried in the corner. Eji sat beside her.

"Akala ko ba may napili ka na?" The latter asked.

She bowed her head. " May napili, pero ang tanong, papayag ba?" Aniya. She looked so stress while facing pile of papers in her table. Iilang folders pa ang nasa ilalim na paniguradong sa council.

Fiona was tapping the table. "Option? Ouch." Aniya. Umiling ako sa narinig. "Pero grabeng surprise naman 'yan? Make chika!" Udyok niya.

Jessie's hand slammed on the surface. "I don't even know if papayag siya so no confirmation from him yet!" She reasoned.

"Ha! It's him! Lalake!" Eji shouted.

"What do you think? Papayag kaya siya?" I asked. She just sighed and landed on her forehead on the pile of papers. Fiona consoled her while tapping her back.

We agreed on going to the library dahil tapos na ang oras para sa org. I aimed my ID on the scanner. "Hi!" Fiona's little voice made me turned to see who it was.

I saw Robby. "Oh?" I asked. Tumango lang siya, waiting in line. Nakapasok na ako sa loob.

"Lumayo muna ako sa mga ugok." Sabi niya. "Samahan mo muna ako." I agreed and my friends were preventing their smiles. They looked like his fangirl. Umupo ba naman sa harapan at tanging ako lang ang tumabi.

"Hanap lang akong libro." He smiled at my friends and I saw how they nodded their head at the same time. I cringed as I slam the table lightly.

When my cousin was away, I glared at them playfully, "What was that?" I asked. They smiled so wide.

"Besh, he looks so fresh? I mean I know a guy could look cute in a polo button down as our uniform but he was wearing his sweater! He looked so neat." Eji explained like she found another happy crush. "That singkit eyes..." She said being dreamy.

"God, stop it." I complained.

"God knows we needed this." Jessie jested while flipping her journal to list down what she has to do today. Fiona hugged her by the waist and nodded. "Buti nandito siya, may itatanong ako." She added.

Essays and reaction paper piled to be worked on for today. Dala namin ang laptop to lessen some of the paperwork. I browsed on my phone first before doing my tasks as Robby sat again beside me and opened his iPad. He was wearing his headphones as he began bopping his head and wrote something. He typed on the top of the word app, fliptop. Whatever that means. He was engrossed and immersed that it driven me out of my block to do my task as well.

I searched the notebook that I have been writing on whenever there's a task that I needed to do. "My task notebook was in my locker pala." I told the girls as I stood up. They looked so excited as my eyes darted on my cousin. Palihim akong napangiti nang makalayo sa kanila. It's not that I intentionally left Robby there.