Epilogue 3: 2 weeks after the wolf was killed

Serafina hesitated but opened the door. Though she had anticipated the sight, seeing Henry Trinh's injured body caught her by surprise. Her brothers' in their wolf forms had done real damage. Seth had been able to resuscitate him but manipulating Finnigan's mind 2 weeks ago had drawn Henry empty.

Serafina hadn't seen him, but finally, her curiosity overtook her.

She let her eyes examine the bare torso. Wolf's teeth had torn the skin and the doctors had tried their best to sew it back together. He wasn't a wolf, so he lacked the ability to heal his body. The antibiotics dripping into his vein didn't seem to help either. Serafina had to breathe through her mouth since the smell of the infection was horrendous to her wolf sense of smell.

Serafina closed the door behind her and walked closer to his bedside.

The great Henry Trinh. Pale and barely conscious. Some might have felt pity for him, but Serafina felt no such thing.

"You came," Henry let out a small hoarse moan.

Serafina didn't say anything. She just looked as his eyes tried to focus on her.

"Thank you," he whispered. Henry closed his eyes and let out a content sigh.

Serafina smiled. He was nothing but a fragile, dying man. If she had wanted, she could've ended him right there. She had all the power. Serafina savored the thought.

"Why did you want me here?" Serafina asked. For days he had been sending messages, begging her to come.

"You're the only thing-" he whispered but didn't finish.

"Only thing what?"

He was silent. Serafina didn't know was it because of pain or was he trying to find the right words.

"Yoho-hoo! The only thing what?" she repeated.

He kept his eyes closed.

"To live for."

Serafina laughed. She was sick and tired of hearing the bogus declarations of love. First from Oliver and then from Finnigan and Henry.

Henry frowned.

"I can't have you," he said.

Serafina laughed again.

Henry nodded.

"Then kill me. Now. I don't want to exist."

"Mr. Trinh-"

Henry winced at her formality.

"You are not going to die here. You are going to exist for a very, very, long time. I'm going to make sure of it."

He opened his eyes. Serafina didn't let the tears in them startle her.

"You told me you wanted the darkness in my mind. You can't have that, but... I'll give you another kind of darkness. The kind that you put my brother in."

Henry tried to move, but the pain stopped him. Serafina felt the familiar pressure in her mind, but it didn't last long.

"Now, now Mr. Trinh. Don't waste the little strength you have in you. You don't have it enough to do things to my mind and trying seems to make you even worse."

Henry groaned.

"Serafina... Please," he whispered.

That made her smile. He was begging her - just like she had fantasized minus him not being on his knees.

"In about," Serafina took a glance at her watch, "5 minutes you will be put in a coma. And you will not come out of it until I learn how to stop you from manipulating a wolf mind. I imagine it will take some time so you are really going to have to learn to enjoy that darkness."

Henry's breathing was getting faster and faster.

"Kill me!"

"Nope."

"Kill me! Kill me now!

"As I said, no," Serafina smiled.

"My ravens will come for me!" he hissed.

"They won't. Cause if they do, you are dead. And if you're dead, all your money will go to 10 different organizations. Organizations that protect wildlife - mainly wolves. That's a nice little touch, isn't it? Your company will stop existing. Your ravens will have no money. I doubt they are going to be loyal to you then."

"What!"

"Don't you remember signing your will?" Serafina asked. "Your lawyer was here last week."

"Serafina, you will regret this," he warned her. There was no begging in his voice left. Just pure rage.

"I doubt that."

"I will destroy you.

"The next time you see me, you will have no power over me or any other werewolf. You will be a helpless little man. Just like you are now. Good bye, Mr. Trinh. Enjoy your darkness."

***********************************************************************************************

This part is dedicated to StarlightRyder and her hatred towards Henry Trinh :D

There will be two more epilogue parts. Fay and Evelyn deserve their own ending.

Thank you for voting and commenting!

M