29. Brothers

They walked in silence until Younge said they were far enough from the town.

"So... How are you going to... Um... Now what?" he asked, visible uncomfortable with the situation. Seth was his close friend and someone he had intended to serve under until death yet now Shawn was his Alpha.

"Are you sure you're alright to do this? You just got out of the hospital," Shawn said. "I don't want you to blame it on that when I kick your ass."

Seth chuckled.

"I am alright."

"Ok. Let's do it then," Shawn shrugged.

"I'll go easy on you, little brother."

***********************************************************************************************

There's nothing they could do but just sit and wait for this madness to end. Fay and Evelyn sat on the porch, side by side staring at the forest. Wilson stood behind them making sure they wouldn't try run after the men. The rest of the trustees had gone inside to wait.

This makes no sense. He asked me to keep my promise of protecting him, yet he leaves me here to wait, Fay thought.

It took another 15 minutes of waiting. Then they saw the three men walk out of the forest. Every three one of them, thank goodness.

Fay frowned. The brothers walked side by side. Seth had his arm around Shawn's shoulder. As the got closer they could see the messy hair, torn shirt, and a split lip of Seth and Shawn's black eye. Both of them seemed to be limping. And all three laughed at something Younge said.

"What the-" Fay growled.

Evelyn stood up.

"I don't want to see him!" she hissed and ran inside slamming the door behind her. Fay wanted to do the same but remained seated killing the brothers with her stare. They noticed her furious eyes and gave her a sheepish smile.

When they reached her Seth tried to touch her, but Fay slapped his hand away.

Shawn ran his though his hair and let out a nervous laugh.

"I umm... I'll go see Evelyn," he mumbled

"I hope she gives you hell," Fay spat never turning her eyes away from her own mate. Younge too left them with an awkward nod.

After a silent moment, Seth said: "Go ahead. Yell at me."

Instead of yelling, Fay placed her hands against Seth's chest and pushed her with all her strength. She felt like hitting him but restrained herself. She wouldn't sink that low.

"You can, if you want to," Seth said knowing what she felt.

"You and your ashole brother can go to hell," Fay said. "Do you have any idea in your tiny, TINY brain what you made us go through!?"

"Don't you want to know the outcome?" Seth asked.

"No."

"No?"

"I don't care about the outcome. Whoever the Alpha is, is a total idiot, so it doesn't matter!"

"I'm sorry," Seth tried.

"You're sorry? Hah! You're sorry! You know what Seth if you ever pull a stunt like that again, I'll make sure you'll never walk again! I swear, I'll break your legs by my own hands!" Fay was about to walk away but turned back again. "I'm so mad at you!" she said and with her index finger she poked his chest.

"I know. I'm sorry, Fay."

"Idiot!" she yelled.

"You know, alphas will not yield. There was no way my wolf side would've let this slide. It needed to be done. I'm sorry I couldn't handle it better. I should have handle it with calm assertiveness, but I couldn't handle my wolf side. I am sorry."

"You made me think you would've gone to the very end!"

"I know... My wolf side was ready to do that. So was Shawn's. We needed to compromise."

"Compromise?"

"He said his wolf side wouldn't let him just give away his power and position. I needed to take it from him. But he is my brother. I would never harm him like what my Alpha side was letting you think. We compromised, we fought in human form and with rules."

"Ah, great! Rules!" Fay said sarcastically. "One needs rules to fight with his brother. Males!"

She turned around and started to walk toward the door. She heard Seth steps behind her.

"I don't want to talk to you."

"I'll give you time to calm down," Seth said. Fay rolled her eyes. She went to the guest room, slammed the door and made sure to let her angry emotions flow so Seth would feel them too.