24. Together

The second the helicopter landed, Fay couldn't contain herself. She started running towards it ignoring the flying sand making her vision blurry. As she reached the helicopter she opened the door open, nearly ripping it off the hinges, all she could think about was getting Seth far away from the ravens as possible. The scent of her mate hit her and startled her core being. She was about to climb in when a strong grip on her shoulder stopped her. 

"Move out of the way, Fay," Qiana said. 

Fay didn't want to but stepped aside. Qiana and Linnie pulled out the hospital bed and made sure not to put it on the ground too harshly. Linnie checked the IV and then they started pushing the bed towards the ambulance waiting for them on the other side of the field. 

Fay run right behind them. She wanted to drive with them in the ambulance, Qiana shook her head. There was not enough room; she would only be in their way.

"We'll be right behind them,"  Shawn said. Fay could hardly hear him. All she saw and felt was Seth. He was unconscious, but he was there! 

Shawn pulled her away so Linnie was able to close the ambulance door. 

"Come on, Fay. Let's go," he said. Fay followed him to his car. With every step, she tried to speak into Seth's mind, but he didn't reply.

And he didn't reply during the car ride to the hospital. 

"I know it's killing you, but soon you'll be on his side. Dr. Jacobs and your friend Qiana are good doctors. You just need to let them do their job."

"Yeah, he'll alright,"  she whispered. Shy tried to relax her body but her nerves were getting the best of her. 

"Seth, can you hear me?" she tried again and got no reply. "Shit," she sighed and put her hand against her forehead.

"Not answering?" Shawn asked.

"Not answering."

"Don't worry, Fay. We have him now. They'll get the bullet out and the healing process will start."

"Yeah. Yeah... He'll be fine. He'll be alright," Fay said. 

Shawn squeezed her arm. 

"Look at us," she laughed. "Together and not killing each other."

Shawn laughed too. Fay could hear Phillip Cage in his laugh. Just like she could hear it in Seth's. 

***********************************************************************************************

They were the longest 2 hours of Fay's life, as she sat in the waiting room with Shawn. Seth had been rushed into the operating room so the bullet and the tiny pieces of silver could be taken out of his body. 

"Why are they not telling anything?" she asked. "Maybe there's something wrong."

"Everything's ok. They would've told us if there was something critical going on. It just... takes time." 

Shawn was not worried, but he was tired of waiting. He was also anxious about Serafina. He was still there. And Shawn really wanted to go there and get her out. His family had had to make too many sacrifices. His mother had died, Seth was barely alive and now his little sister was in the hands of a psychopathic monster.  Shawn was also nervous. What would happen when Seth woke up? He knew that once the Alpha wakens within, it does not want to give away power.

He snapped out of his thoughts as Qiana walked out of the operating room in her dark blue scrubs. Fay jumped up. Shawn remained sitting.

"Q, how is he?" Fay asked hugging herself.

"We removed the bullet. It had broken down into numerous microscopic pieces. We did our best to remove them, but cannot be certain we got everything out."

"Ok...What does that mean?"

"It means we have to wait and see whether the healing process starts. If not, there's still silver and then we have to operate again.."

"Can I see him?"

"Not yet. He's unconscious."

"Please Q."

"Fay... No."

"He needs me there."

"He needs you when he wakes up. You should go and eat something. I'll call you when he wakes up."

"I'm not going anywhere," Fay said and sat down.

"Fine. Wait here but know that it can take hours."

"I don't care."

Qiana nodded. Before she went back to the operating room she looked at Shawn.

"Order a pizza or something. She's annoying when she's hungry." 

 "She can be annoying even when she's not hungry," Shawn joked.

It was just what they needed. They laughed together. They would survive this.

***********************************************************************************************

Thank you for reading!

Thank you for voting!

Thank you for commenting!

Remember to wash your hands and stay safe!

M