Quatorze

|| I NEVER MEANT TO DROWN YOU WHEN I DECIDED TO POUR MY HEART OUT || 

"you're getting married today," was the first thing hera said to me. i was walking downstiars, ready to scream at her for taking michael away over night. all of my thoughts cleared as she said that sentence to me. there was no possible way i could get married today. none of rebecca's things for the day are prepared. i knew that because she kept on complaining about how her dress isn't ready; how she was so afraid it would end up getting ready on the day of the wedding and how something might be off with the dress.

"that's impossible, nothing is ready." i state. my tone wasn't friendly and for once, i didn't care. she had pushed me so far and i was at the point where i could care less about trying to live up to her damn expectations. all she did was want and never once did she give. she was worse than rebecca -- a girl who only wanted to keep herself happy, but even then rebecca did sometimes offer to do things and did change her mind when i did not want to do something she wanted to do.

"the dress arrived last night. the wedding will be a small one. our family and hers. we have everything all planned out already. the priest cannot say no to us, luke. our families are the richest after all." she says. 

"i'm not marrying her," i say. 

"you will, unless you want your precious michael killed. and i'll make sure you get a front row show to see it," she spat. i can feel my body slightly start to shake. the room around me was spinning and all i could think was nonono and michaelmichaelmichael. i wanted to know if he was okay, i wanted to know where he was. i hated the thought of him being hurt because of her and because of me. if i had just been normal and fallen in love with the damn girl non of this would have happened. everyone would have been happier and michael, well he wouldn't be alive. as horrid as it sounds, it was better for him to be not existant than for him to be near death. 

"fine," i say.

"good, now go get dressed. the wedding starts in an hour."

* * * 

she walked down the aisle, i wanted to cry. i felt so sick. if anything, it should be michael going down the aisle, or me, depending on who we decided should walk down, not some girl who meant nothing to me. she wore a dress and was smiling. her father looked like he was about to cry from joy. he smiled at me. his mother looked at me fondly. her face was slightly red, probably from trying to hold in her tears. i wanted to cry too. her mother mouths "i'm so happy for you." i wonder if she knew that the tears were not from joy but from saddness. 

* * * 

"dear beloved, we are gathered together in the face of this company to join togehter his man and this woman. luke you have this woman to the wedded wife, to live together after god's ordinance in the holy estate of atrimony. will you love her, comfort her, honour, and keep her in sickness and in health for as long as you live?"

no.

"i will."

"rebecca will you have this man to the wedded husband, to live together after god's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony? will you love him, comfort him, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health for as long as you live?"

"i will."

 "does anyone object?" 

i can feel my heart racing so fast and i would feel the sweat coming off of my face. it was silent for a second before a loud bang filled the room. everyone looked around to see the door wide open and a boy with red hair come in the room. my eyes widened not understanding how any of this was happening. 

"i object!" michael yelled. my mother's face was so red. she looked angry, annoyed, and like she was ready to kill the next person to come right beside her. 

"how could you leave? the room was locked and had to windows! there were guards!" she yelled. 

"i think you're forgetting the fact aphrodite is the goddess of love. if she could turn me to human, she could help me escape."

- - - 

Just the epilogue left oh wow.