Dix

|| PAIN BURN HIM TO THE B O N E S AND THE MARROW AND THE C L E A V I N G OF THE SOUL ||

"so how did you turn to life?" i asked. i had so many questions to ask. he couldn't have possibly turned into human just by a simple kiss. that never happened in real life, i didn't see how it could possibly happen to me. if i knew that just by simply kissing something it could turn to life, there would not be a single thing on earth i didn't kiss.

"aphrodite," he answered. i furrowed my eyebrows not understanding what aphrodite has to do with this. he noticed my confused look and chuckled. "she turned me into human because she heard your cries. she's the goddess of love and you, my love, were in love with me so she turned me to human to love you back. do you understand now?" 

i nodded. i wanted to cry of joy and happiness because the one person i did love more than the world loved me back. even if i went through about four months of torture before i got the love, it was worth it.

"is there anything i need to like," i paused trying to find the proper word. "know in our relationship?"

"oh, nothing big." he shrugged. "our love is blessed and when we have a child, he will be to."

"what?" i squeaked. 

* * * 

i had to go off to rebecca's house later on the night. of course i would have rather stayed home with michael, although i couldn't. even if he was not a sculpture, hera could do many horrible things if she didn't get her way. 

when i told michael that i had to go to rebecca, he was upset but he understood. i had to explain how if i didn't do it, hera would ruin my life some how and how she wanted to break michael when he was still a sculpture. he stayed quiet though, when i told him. it was clear he didn't want me to leave, especially to someone i am forced to be with, but it was not like i had a choice. 

if i did have the choice, i would stay home with michael all day. he was everything i dreamt of the way his hair shaped his face perfectly, and the way his nose is like a small cute button. how his lips were such a beautiful shade of pink and how i had never seen such a beautiful shade of green until my eyes met his. he didn't have a single flaw, and that was what made him so perfect. and that was just the way he looked. 

the way he acted was so perfect as well. he was so sweet, and so funny. the boy covered every inch of insecurity with cockiness, but that was okay because to me he was perfect. the sound of his laugh was like a melody that i wanted to always listen to. everything he did made my heart skip a beat and left me breathless.

"luke, why aren't you paying attention to me. you keep zoning out! you even zoned out during sex today." she interupted my thoughts. i turned to her and smiled lazily. we were laying on her bed, my back against hers, both of us naked because of course she wanred to have sex. no surprise there. she was so clingy and touchy after it but today not even she can ruin my good mood right now.

"i was just thinking," i replied honestly.

"about what?" she asked.

not you. 

"you." i lied. she smiled.

"i love you."

"oh." i choked out. i didn't love her and i didn't want to tell her that i love her either. it made me sick because i knew i would have to because that was how great my life was. her smile disappeared from her face and i knew i was the cause of that, although i was not ashamed of being the reason she is no longer smiling.

"don't you love me too?" her voice cracked. she looked like she was going to cry. a part of me felt bad for making her tear up but a part of me wanted to laugh at her because she was actually tearing up because i did not say i love her. 

no, i don't love you.

"i love you too."

- - - 

I'll most likely double update if I don't go out today :D