-14- Truth or dare?

-14- Truth or dare?

ZhanZhan and I have been together for exactly one month now and I am mega happy about it. We spend every day together and every day with ZhanZhan is always an adventure. It simply does not become boring with him. Even if we just sit together, cuddle and watch a movie. Because of him I'm always outdoors again and on the weekends, which I used to spend alone in an apartment, we always do something.

And what is even more important, in a month we will get married! I am really looking forward to it. And because Zhan's father agreed, he moved into my, now our, apartment last weekend. No more goodbyes in the evening when I bring him home. Just great!

This weekend my best friends are visiting me again. They told me they miss ZhanZhan. They have really taken Zhan very much to their hearts. When we picked them up from the airport yesterday, they greeted Zhan as if they hadn't seen him in years. And it's only been two weeks.

Yesterday we were with them in the evening at the club where Zhan suddenly wanted to show me very urgently the toilets after we danced for about an hour. I thought there was something or he just didn't want to go alone. But no, ZhanZhan wanted to show me how much fun the forbidden makes. After half an hour in the toilet we went back to our best friends and they grinned at us. Haha, I had a great evening anyway.

This afternoon we went downtown and bought some new clothes. Zhan picked out a few clothes for Wooseok, who put them on right after paying and Seungyoun stared at him with wide open eyes and moaned because he would love to be alone with Wooseok for a moment.

Seungyoun told me that he and Wooseok can hardly keep their hands off each other since they spent the one weekend with us. He told me that we made him realize again how much he loves Wooseok and what really matters in their relationship. I am very happy for them.

Tonight we were all sitting in the living room, together emptying two bottles of champagne, when Wooseok came up with the idea that we could play truth or dare. I played it for the last time at university and I didn't enjoy it because I always got some stupid duties.

But today it should be a little different. And what I learned afterwards, this evening was planned by Zhan and my best friends. Why? Oh read it yourself.

Wooseok started the fun by being the first to spin the bottle, it stopped at me, I chose duty and should kiss Zhan for at least 10 seconds. Now that was no challenge at all. Stopping to kiss was more like it.

We were already playing for about half an hour when the bottle stopped by Zhan and he chose truth. Seungyoun asked him, "How long have you known Yibo?"

And I thought, it can't be that difficult to answer. But then Zhan started to do the math and I thought, is he counting the visit to his store when he saw me there? After about 15 seconds, Zhan said, "Well, about nine years from now."

I coughed, looked at him confused and asked, " About 9 years from now? How is that possible?"

Zhan took out his cell phone, did something I couldn't see, and then held it in front of me. A picture of Zhan in his school uniform. I was speechless for a minute, another minute, then I said, "You've changed a lot since then."

"Mmm. I've grown taller and I' m not as weak as I was then." Zhan replied. My best friends smiled stupidly and then left us alone when they went into my guest room.

"Um, Zhan Zhan?"

"Yes?"

"Can you show me the picture again?" I said. He handed me back his cell phone and I stared at it for a while.

"If you can't remember, that's okay. I was at the same school as you, only two grades below you. You were the one who carried me to the hospital room once when I hurt my ankle." Zhan said.

I nodded. "Yes, I remember." I finally replied. Sure I remember him. Even though he looked like an innocent baby then, I noticed him. I remember thinking, too bad he's only 15 years old. But I did not know his name, nor did I know more about him than that he looked cute.

"I had a crush on you, Yibo." Zhan said suddenly and I was really speechless. He finally told me the whole truth and I listened carefully. I had been confused and didn't know what to say at first.

I called my best friends into the living room and they came to us with a guilty look on their faces and I said, "I am really stunned... what great friends you are. I thank you for helping Zhan's brother to bring Zhan and me together. I am really incredibly grateful to you both. Because without you, I probably never would have met the love of my life. And ZhanZhan, I'm glad you didn't give up on me. I love you so incredibly, I can't find the words to describe it."

Then I took Zhan in my arms and whispered, "I'll never overlook you again. I am yours and I will remain yours forever. I'm sorry you had to wait so long for me."

I'm only mad about one thing. Namely that I didn't realize much earlier, that such a wonderful man loves me, so much and for so long. I have no other reason to be mad. Because I can't hold it against him that he has been secretly in love with me for so long and then doesn't want to reveal it immediately when he is finally with me.

To be honest, I didn't expect that Zhan was in love with me at that time. I thought the one girl, who was so worried about him that she cried, was his girlfriend. But I believe it's better that we just got together now. Because back in school, I was a completely different person.

I only had sports and my friends in mind and I didn't care about anything else. I often received love letters that I read, but not one of them I kept or ever answered. At that time, love hadn't mattered to me. So I wouldn't have been a good boyfriend for Zhan.

We didn't play any further after Zhan's confession. Seungyoun and Wooseok went to sleep and I sat on the balcony with Zhan for a while, holding him in my arms and just enjoying the moment with him.

And as we sat there like that, I thought that this was the perfect moment. I pulled a small box out of my pocket, showed it to Zhan and said: "The first time I just proposed without thinking. But now, I want to do it right, as you deserve it. When I was a little boy I asked my grandma what is love? And she said if you want to be with the same person until your last breath. And ZhanZhan, that's what I want with you. I want to wake up together with you, go to sleep and stay by your side until my last breath. I love you and I know that I will never stop loving you. You are perfect for me my ZhanZhan. So I ask you, will you marry me?"

Zhan looked at me with eyes wide open. A tear rolled down his cheek and he said, "In any case, I want to marry you. Sure. Yes. Absolutely." And then he kissed me.

I opened the box and said, "I ordered rings for us, which fit both of us. My grandparents' rings are beautiful. But they are made for man and woman. And I want my husband to get a ring from me that really suits him."

We put the rings on each other's fingers, Zhan grinned and said, "Can we celebrate now?"

"How do you want to celebrate, sweetheart?" I asked him and Zhan's grin grew even wider. He got up and pulled me into our bedroom behind him. So now I'm celebrating with my fiancé and we're reading and soon.