10.03

She supposes that she hates to feel bored, and that's perhaps why she finds herself growing more and more joyous to wake up each morning to the appeals of the peasants and meetings with the nobles. Hardly a boring day, but indeed, Gabrielle thinks that the list of what they must do seems to be growing alongside the rebuilding of the city—seen from within her chambers and in the tower of the Red Keep. With enough time having passed—and word having spread—the number of petitioners to the King and Queen had surged in the past week since her return from the North...both that and this being the more trying of their duties as Gabrielle and Jon sit on their thrones and look over a finally empty throne room.

To her left, Jon splits the distance on the raised podium above the large chamber because neither is more powerful than the other, and Gabrielle supposes this is truly the best way to prevent corruption. Sitting nobly but tiredly, Gabrielle's eyes waver as she stares at their new thrones which look so similar—rosewood and aspen like the colors of the weirwood. But they depict scenes of such difference because their stories are so different. Jon's throne regales its viewers with the tale of the heir to the Iron Throne—the son of a dragon and a wolf who led the fight against the Night King—their Azor Ahai. And Gabrielle's instead tells the tale of the singular being of Children and Walker's blood—of her feats over the dead and the Dragon Queen, and her powers which would hence be legends into the long-lasting future. Truly, the thrones are as beautiful as her wedding gown.

But it is not the thrones that steal the moment, as Gabrielle looks out and into the room tinged in the rosiness of the setting sun, the first lights of night startling to twinkle in the east. Gabrielle is grateful for their decision to not close off the roof, for indeed, she would be unable to see her children basked in such light as this, spread out across the room and equally entrancing in their beauty. Viserion has tucked himself behind her throne, the ice of his nostrils blowing occasionally onto her legs as he falls into sleep. Rhaegal, on the other hand, sits nearer the doors, as if guarding this family of his from the outside forces that no longer seem so close.

And though Jon once voiced his concern, the dragons and wolves have seemed to make friends with one another—or at least hold enough respect for each other's legendary status to not become openly involved in a fight. The wolves—like the dragons—have free reign to leave and return, Lady and Nymeria having travelled with Sansa, Arya, and Stannis back to the North, though Gabrielle feels the beasts will be returning to her shortly. The rest of the wolves sit in a heap upon the steps as the night darkens and cools and stars replace the sun in the ever increasing fervor of sun-down. And the younger of the White Walker children sit between the beasts, looking around and to her with blue eyes of returned souls and the innocence once taken from them. Like true Northern children, they seem at peace, curling into the pelts of the wolves, and for this reason alone, the lot had become a steadfast asset in this room, leaving everyone other than Gabrielle confused by the sudden change.

But she cares not what others think, because Gabrielle has come to love this place in the past two months. Perhaps she is betraying the North and her heritage, but she hardly thinks that's fair when she spends her own weekends up in the cold air of Stark home—made easy by the dragons that were once used to frighten others. Any fear she once held that she would be parted from Sansa became nothing more than a fluke when Viserion bound himself to her, loving the travels for himself and being treated as a dragon should.

"Come here," Jon suddenly calls through her reverie, turning from the view and towards her husband. And it's not shocking—what with the abnormal plea for her attention—that the man bears his scars upon his façade, a common occurrence when they linger in this room and he is left to remember all that they've overcome and had to suffer.