6.07

Sansa's rarely ever been this angry in all her years of existence as she stares deep in the haughty eyes of Robett Glover, a lord pledged to her house and her family

Sansa's rarely ever been this angry in all her years of existence as she stares deep in the haughty eyes of Robett Glover, a lord pledged to her house and her family.  And though she intends to keep the calm—be the silence in Jon's storm—her lip snarls in her stiff reminder, "I would remind you that House Glover is pledged to House Stark.  Sworn to answer when called upon."

The man pauses from his turn away from them, Jon sending Sansa a sharp look—not that the girl cares to notice, as Robett approaches with what he intends to be threatening but she's experienced far worse.  He growls in her face, "Yes, my family served House Stark for centuries.  We wept when we heard of your father's death.  When my brother was lord of this castle, he answered Robb's call and hailed him King in the North."

He steps closer, hissing then, "And where was King Robb when the Ironborn attacked this castle?  When they threw my wife and children in prison and brutalized and killed our subjects?  Taking up with a foreign whore.  Getting himself and those who followed him killed."  The man's eyes shift between Jon Snow and Sansa Stark, before barking back, "I served House Stark once, but House Stark is dead."

The man turns as Gabrielle's blood boils at the injustice before them, unable to hinder herself before she calls at the man, "Lord Glover."  He turns as she moves forward, up the steps and close to the threshold of his home with the confidence of a ruler and the hiss of her lips, "You wish for your people to bow before a man whom you all fear, a man whose sadism drives him to flay subjects for small crimes.  Ramsay Bolton will kill you, maybe not now, but he'll find his excuse once he hears you treated with Sansa Stark, his bride.  And trust me, he will hear."

"Do not threaten me, Mock Queen," the man steps forward and into her face with a snarl.  "You Southerners do not belong here, do not have any power over me.  Leave, before I kill you where you stand."

Robett Glover turns back to his door and enters through, shutting it firmly behind him as Gabrielle growls low in her throat and Jon pulls her back down the stairs, not intending to lose her today.  About them, the winds whip wildly and throw open their cloaks so no warmth can be had.  Wrapping her arms about her waist to keep the cloak shut, Gabrielle storms away from the door and out to the land where animals are less pig-headed than men.

////////////////////////////////////////////

    The group has come into a bit of a formation in their travels upon horse, led by Jon in all his solemn silence with Sansa behind him and Gabrielle beside her.  Davos and Stannis follow behind those two, keeping their eyes sharp for dangers and avoiding conversation of the past at all cost.  And that rather large roadblock of conversation between the two is tempting Gabrielle to go mad, with the nearly constant and gruff chatter of military strategy in her ear.  But it's rather rude of her to ask them to stop for her alone, so she just clenches her jaw and tries to ignore them by asking Sansa about the best winter fabrics for keeping warm.