7.02

Those five minutes pass rather quick as Gabrielle finds herself in the Gallery of the King in the North, sat beside Sansa with all the wolves around her feet. Warmed by the brush of their fur and breath of their lungs, the only parting discomfort is the chair that seems to have been made for someone twice as tall as her—as if. Shuffling as she always does to that one corner spot that does not outright ruin her back, Gabrielle tries to ignore the small smirk on Sansa's lips—knowing she's watching.

"This message was sent to me by Samwell Tarly," Jon tells his council of many Northern lords and those few outsiders that they'll allow—having dwindled with the loss of the wildling leaders a moon ago—as he raises a curled letter in one hand. "He was my brother at the Night's Watch, a man I trust as much as anyone in this world. He's discovered proof that Dragonstone sits on a mountain of dragonglass." And then raising the other, Jon imparts, "I received this the other day, from Dragonstone. It was sent to me by Tyrion Lannister. He is now Hand of the Queen, Daenerys Targaryen. She intends to take the Iron Throne from Cersei Lannister. She has a powerful army at her back and three dragons—all validated by Gabrielle Baelish's spies in the South. Lord Tyrion has invited me to Dragonstone to meet with Daenerys. And I'm going to accept."

From the corner of her eye, Gabrielle notices Sansa's eyes widen in shock at the gall of Jon to ignore their inquiries once again, and she cannot help the huff that escapes her lips in the moments passing. But she has nothing to fear of being overheard as the Northern lords begin shouting with rage at Jon's decision—without them—and even she begins to take pity on Jon for this decision, even if he did not tell her.

Rising in her posture, with an echoing voice she reminds them, "We need this dragonglass, my lords. We know that dragonglass can destroy both White Walkers and their army. We need to mine it and turn it into weapons."

"And more importantly, we need allies!" Jon adds, sending a short and grateful look in her direction as she slowly stiffens. "The Night King's army grows larger by the day. We can't defeat them on our own. We don't have the numbers. Daenerys has her own army and she has dragonfire. I need to try and persuade her to fight with us. Ser Davos and I will ride for White Harbor tomorrow, then sail for Dragonstone."

This time it is Gabrielle that glares and Sansa that notices, but with a rather great magnitude as it seems Gabrielle will likely beat Jon following this meeting—if looks correspond to actions. Shaking her head at the reminder of her own fury, Sansa's eyes shift back to Jon as she leans forward, adamant, "Have you forgotten what happened to our grandfather? The Mad King invited him to King's Landing and roasted him alive. She is here to reclaim the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms. The North is one of those Seven Kingdoms This isn't an invitation; it's a trap."

"It could be, but I don't believe Tyrion would do that. You know him. He's a good man," Jon responds as the men mumble, and Gabrielle still feels that poisoning fury burn into the middle of her bones, so very irritated with this changing King.