Chapter 13: I Was Right

Things get awkward since that day; Whis tried to avoid his mother whenever she attempted to talk with him. He didn't hate her, but he felt like she was a bit biased toward Vados, and that wasn't fair. He asked his other siblings what had happened between both of them. They all said one word: Marcarita. Both used to be closed, very closed to one another. But then, it changed since the birth of that girl. Vados was always great; she far outshined all of her siblings. Everyone was proud of her talents and intelligence, except one. Well, Marcarita was jealous since she was a "failure." While other Angels had no trouble with mastering Ultra Instinct as soon as they could walk, she was struggling. She could not tap into the power, and that was a real shame to the Angels. 

The Grand Priest did not know why; it was the first time that an Angel failed to master such a simple technique, and so he asked Vados to help her little sister. And the problem started there. Vados wanted her to learn on her own and only offered advice, but the Grand Priestess disagreed and demanded Vados to teach Marcarita step by step. Marcarita was embarrassed by that; she wasn't a baby. Marcarita refused Vados' help and learned to master the divine technique on her own. Since she had no experience, she went out of control and could have died should Vados didn't make in time; the Angels' immortality only went into effect when Angels became trainees.

"You see what you've done?" Kansei rushed in to be with her precious daughter and then gave a deadly stare toward Vados. It was full of hatred, and Vados didn't care about it. "Now, it's not the time, Kansei." The Grand priest jumped in before his wife went further. "Not the time you say? You're a horrible father, let me tell you that. You're full of shit." And she stormed out the room. The Grand Priest gazed at his young daughter and sighed. He walked out of place to report to the King and left the two behind.

"Leave"

Marcarita ordered without even looking at her sister, and Vados left at her request. It was like a Cold War between the Grand Priest and Kansei as well as a "mini" one between Vados and Marcarita, sort of; they were ready to slaughter one another if given a chance. Of course, it would never happen, although it felt so...real. And since then, a family was no longer a family. Oh yes, things got pretty quiet for a couple of years until Whis and Vados started secretly dating. Hell, no one knew, which was nice. However, no secret lasted forever; they got caught kissing by none other than their beloved sister, Marcarita. Oh yes, she loved him. He helped her how to tap into Ultra Instinct and treated her injuries with kind. He was a sweet brother, and since then, it was all about Whis.

"Explain to me, Vados."

Silence.

And the mother slapped her daughter.

"Mother, please don't." Whis came in to protect his love. Kansei was shocked. How could she not notice at all? What were they thinking? The Grand Priest remained silent, but the whole room could feel how intense the air was. His ki was up to the point that it could crush all 18 universes.

"There you go, Daishinkan. That's your precious little girl. Thanks to you, she became nothing but a whore and spread her legs out for her brother for fucking Zeno's sake. What a fucking disgrace to this family! Well done to you, darling." Kansei smirked at her husband and walked away with a sobbing Marcarita.

"Father, please listen to me." Whis tried to explain, but the Grand Priest shut him up with his stares. The King observed the entire scene from a distance but did not intervene. It was up to all to him, either let this slide or erase his children for breaking the laws. "Angels cannot have emotions whatsoever because they could corrupt our minds and prevent us from fulfilling our duties as Guide Angels to the Gods of Destruction." He slowly raised his right arm as he spoke, and that was over. All the Angels closed their eyes and held their breaths as they could not bear to watch their brother and sister being erased by their father. How cruel. "Troublemakers or not, I hate to see one of you leaving me, let alone two. "