Chapter 1: A Shocking Announcement

Shortly after Universe 7 won the Tournament of Power and Android 17 wished-for restoration of erased universes, they return to Bulma's house and greet with happiness. Frieza stays for a little bit before departing and vows to overcome Goku. After finishing a delicious meal, the gods of Universe 7 attend an emergency meeting at the Palace.

"I know this is unexpected, but Zeno-sama and I decide it is time to choose a new God of Destruction."

The Gods of Destruction break out in concerns, knowing that one of them has to step down except Belmod because he already chose Toppo to be his successor.

"May I ask what led to this decision, Daishinkan-sama?" Arack asks

"Even if the erased universes were bringing back thanks to Android 17-san's wish, His Majesties believe a new change is essential. The question is: Who do you think is the most qualified candidate for the job based on your observations during the Tournament?"

A deadly silence inside the room occurs after the Father of All Angels finish his remarks. Belmod thought of Jiren, but he turned down the offer.

"I do believe Your Highness and Zeno-sama already have a name in mind."

Whis smiles at his father while the gods are eager to find out the luckiest mortal who gets to replace one of them.

"Again, your intelligent proves to be unmatchable, Whis-san."

"The candidate for the next God of Destruction is Goku."

When the Kings of Everything finishes is when Beerus lets out a yell big enough to cause some disturbing among the gods.

"After thoughtful consideration, we decide that the Honorable Champa, God of Destruction of Universe 6, shall remove from the post of God of Destruction due to his irresponsibility and unable to carry out the duties of the job."

The fat god cannot believe what had he heard from his superior; however, he sighs in defeat and chooses to accept that his time as a mighty deity is over now. Beerus is overwhelmed by the news as well and sad to see his brother is no longer a god. Even though both of them tend to get into arguments a lot, he loves his brother dearly and cares for him. Daishinkan also announces that Toppo of Universe 11 will become the next destroyer as well, and Belmod has nothing to say other than feeling relieved.

"The ceremony will commence in the next 6000 taks. Meanwhile, the commemoration for the God of Destruction of Universe 11 will also take place in 3000 taks. Your Excellencies Champa-san and Belmod-san, you shall have your last full day as deities. After that, you two shall go to the World of Gods and reside there for eternity unless you wish to be live as mortals. Thank you for your services. Now you may retire."

Champa goes to Universe 7 with his brother and spending some time with him before leaving for the World of Gods.

"After years of working, they kicked my ass for nothing."

Champa sighs as he's fishing with Beerus.

"That's because you didn't do your job, so don't blame others for your failures."

Beerus snaps back, and Champa takes it well. Then, it is time for him to visit Earth and formally announces Goku to become the next God of Destruction of Universe 6. The gods touch down when Goku is farming and looking boring at the job. The fat god still cannot believe how could that mortal manage to get that close to Zeno-sama, and all of a sudden becoming his successor? Son Goku, what an unusual being!

"Goku-san, we have something to tell you." Whis lightly says

"Congratulations, you have been chosen by Zeno-sama to be the next God of Destruction of Universe 6."

Vados continues, and they already know the Saiyan's reaction.

"WHAT THE HECK?!! I'M WHAT?"

Goku's scream could be heard across the universe. He doesn't like destruction and killing innocent people at all. Plus, he hates seeing himself reaching his very limit; he wants to fight and gets stronger on his own rather than growing more powerful through ranks and some absurd jobs. Vados is impressed at the Saiyan and wanting to no more about him after seeing him able to reach a state that even Gods of Destruction are struggling to achieve.

"Hey Saiyan, being a destroyer god does not mean you destroy everything; you're going to give a judgment on which planet deserves to live based on their living standards and morality as well."Champa gives a light chuckle and remembers how Vados approached him and said the same thing as what he told Goku.

"Well...that sounds better. Considering I cannot turn down this time, I'll accept this offer"

"The ceremony will take place in less than 48 hours, and I think you should go to talk with your friends and mentally prepare for the job."

Beerus continues and decides to stay here until the ceremony. Goku nods and uses instant transmission to transport the gods to Bulma's house.

"What? You're going to be God of Destruction?"

Vegeta spits out some water after listening to Goku's story and cannot help but squeeze his palm tightly.

"What a bombshell! Well, I'm so proud of you Son-kun."

Bulma knows that her childhood friend would never do any harm to others unless it is necessary to do so; however, this is a golden opportunity for Goku to become stronger. She starts to imagine herself back when she met a weird kid with a tail and grew up to become the Savior of the Universe. Gohan also doesn't take this well, unlike Bulma, but he only hopes the best for his father.

Champa returns to his universe and begins to work for the last time as the God of Destruction. 

Vados prepares for him a stunning feast with all of his favorite dishes, and so he digs. After finishing his meal, he changes into his pajama to refill his energy after a long day.

"Goodnight, Vados!"

"Goodnight, Champa-sama."

The Angel bows her master and walks out to prepare for the ceremony of the next God of Destruction, Son Goku.