Chapter 21: The Demon's Plan - Possession

The Angelic Fusion is an ancient technique of the Angels with considerably more power than the Potara and Fusion Dance. To make this work, Goku and Vegeta must build resistance to dark ki and obtain Angel-like abilities. If this technique is executed properly, it would result in a warrior whose power could surpass that of the Angels. However, if misused, the outcome would be complete destruction. While the Saiyans have advanced greatly, they still can't grasp the Grand Priest at all. Goku has somewhat of an edge due to his mastery of Ultra Instinct, but that's trivial compared to the mightiest warrior in the whole multiverse.

"All right, Goku. I see you still allow emotions to overpower your mind. Relax your muscles and take it easy." After blocking one of the Saiyan's punches, the Grand Priest remarks. The Angel then blocks Vegeta's kick and comfortably avoids his merciless assault. With a single glance, the Grand Priest dismisses the Prince.

"Your speed is way too slow, Vegeta."

The Grand Priest then fires a barrage of finger beams at the Saiyans; One of the beams hits Goku in the shoulder, while another wounds Vegeta's foot.

"You must both be faster than that."

Those finger rays curl and strike the Saiyans from behind, and the two are totally oblivious. Because the pain is so intense, both revert to their base forms; their stamina cannot keep up with the intensity of the workout. At this rate, it will take millions of years to hone the powers necessary for the fusion. Goku slowly climbs to his feet, much to the surprise of his father-in-law.

"Oh, dear."

The Saiyan then adopts the new form he attained on his planet: a fusion of his Saiyan abilities, Ultra Instinct, and the Power of Destruction. Goku refers to this form as Alpha Ultra Instinct.

"Interesting, but I'm wondering how long you can keep this up?" The Grand Priest chuckles.

Goku charges at the Angel, who reads his movements and avoids all of them. The latter teleports behind Goku and attempts to put the Saiyan to sleep, but Goku grabs the Grand Priest's fist and throws him away.

"His reflexes are much finer."

Goku continues his assault and does not give the Grand Priest any time to breathe.

Goku continues his assault, giving no time for the Grand Priest to breathe.

"His strikes are much denser and heavier."

The Grand Priest conjures his staff and swings it, but Goku easily escapes it and fires a Kamehameha.

"His speed has also improved dramatically."

The Grand Angel nullifies Goku's Kamehameha and responds with a huge burst of purple energy. Goku harnesses his strength and utilizes Hakai to overcome the energy blast.

"W...Whis, did you see that?" Beerus is astounded. In his entire reign as the God of Destruction, he had never heard of someone engaging in and tossing the Grand Priest, let alone canceling one of his attacks.

"I'm quite impressed with his development." Whis smiles and watches the action unfold. He does, however, notice the pressures taking over Goku.

As anticipated by the Grand Priest, Goku's body is still adjusting to the increased power: he loses his form and enters a "cool down" stage. The Grand Priest sees the openings and strikes the Saiyan in the gut, knocking him out.

"You're very close, my son."

"So close, yet so far!"

He sighs and smiles before he turns around to confront Prince Vegeta.