TWENTY-THREE: R.I.P

Comenzar desde el principio

Me, Maggie, Michonne, Sasha, and Daryl make our way to the mall, Daryl's our chaperone, to make sure we don't get too carried away with ourselves. He also gets the pleasure to grab the gents things, he grumbled angrily about this information, "would you prefer to help Nyx pick out bras?" Michonne questioned the man, Daryl's eyes widened at the thought and violently began to shake his head no, luckily Maggie was driving. "Why don't we have a friendly game? We all guess a bra size for Nyx and whoever is closest doesn't have to do patrol this week and neither does their cellmate." Maggie suggests, I don't know how I feel about it but decided to play along, "I think women just like looking at each other's tits." Daryl states for no reason.

"Okay, I'mma say a 28A." Sasha started the game, "no Sash you're way off, a 32C." Maggie guested next. "I'm gonna go down the middle and say a 30B." Michonne pitched in, "I'mma say 30D." I guessed causing the women to chuckle at my 'far fetched' guess. "Alright, 28C." Daryl guessed just as we pulled up to the mall. "Come on, I have a bet to win." Michonne spoke with a lot of confidence in winning.

It took an hour but I found a size that fits me, a 28D, meaning not only are my boobs big for a 14 year old but also that I win the bet. We got me lots of different types of bras; Bandeau, Sports, Strapless, Stick-on, Push up, Convertible, Balcony, Contour, Racerback, Full cup, Plunge, Triangle, Non-Wired, 3/4 cup, U-Plunge, T-shirt and Bralets. We got four of each in the sizes; 28D, 30D, 32D, so I went from having no bras to having too much bras.

"Where am I gonna keep these? I share a room with Carl." I remind the women as we pick up panties, razors, tampons, pads, diapers, pull up diapers adult and baby, condoms, pregnancy tests etc. "We'll put them in a box and hid them under the bed of the ladies changing room. You can keep three in your cell, just in case." Michonne planned for me, I was really grateful to have such great women who did great on filling in for my mum when it came to my first bra fitting. "We should get three bras of each size for when the younger girls start to develop or the teens develop more." I suggest, Maggie agrees with me and packs up what I suggested. We did the same with every item of clothes including shoes, giving people options when they outgrow what they wear today.

Me and Sasha packed the truck while Daryl, Michonne, and Maggie watched our perimeter to make sure no one gets the drop on us. I climbed in the backseat in between Michonne and Sasha, and we took off. "Who won?" Daryl questions, hoping he wouldn't have to babysit for the next week, "Nyx." Michonne spoke bitterly crossing her angrily, whilst I smile happily that Carl and I don't have to do patrol.

"Oh a week of getting 8 hours sleep." I spoke dreamily, sighing at the thought of feeling completely refreshed. "A week of you cuddling Carl's nightmares away." Daryl snarked causing my mood to completely change when the women all looked at me weird waiting for me to explain, I stayed silent not giving Daryl satisfaction of poking fun at me, but he continued. "I looked in on her last night to make sure she was actually sleeping and not curled up reading. There she was cuddling Carl, the two seemed very comfortable with each other. When I told her today that I seen them, she said that Carl had a nightmare and asked her to stay with him." A blush grows on my cheeks as a shy smile plays on my lips at the memory of the great sleep I had.

Maggie spotted my reaction, "you like him, don't you?" Maggie questions and I shook my head no, but didn't give a verbal answer knowing that it would give me away. "It was just nice to be the one held," I shrug nonchalantly, "and not the one holding on." I admit playing with my hands shyly. The car fell into a silence that wasn't particularly awkward or uncomfortable, just silent and it stayed like that until we pulled into the prison yard. We all hopped up, grabbing everything we picked up, the others join us and we all put them in a cell in cell Block C.

I took the lists for each cell block and began to organise everything alone, it gave me a distraction and plus I'm the reason that this whole run happened. I had six boxes, one box for me alone to hid my bra's, one for each cell block and one for all the extra stuff we got for the growing members of the group. It took me two hours to organise everything to my liking, I whistle for the group members that are the guides, aka Sasha and Beth, Carol came for cell block C. I slid my box under the bed in our changing room, before grabbing cell block B's stuff and making my way to the block. I go cell to cell, passing in the stuff each person asked for or leaving it on their beds if they were away. I made two changing rooms, writing 'ladies' or 'gents' over the door.