“Okay fine I’ll say it without closing my eyes.” She looked at the floor of the car as she turned and said the same words to him again. “Cheater…” muttered Daniel, under his breath. “I am not.” Fallon said the words lightly. The car had come to a stop, in front of a house. “Okay, now that we’ve arrived…the only way we go in is if you say it facing me…as in looking at me.” Daniel said with a smirk. Fallon sighed. There was no point in showing up at the door alone…since she didn’t know who she was meeting. She gave in. “Alright.” She turned to face him. “I don’t…” She looked at him. The words and thoughts were lost as soon as she looked into his eyes. “I told you so…” Daniel said. His smile was perfect, Fallon thought. It’s like I found my own version of Edward, her thoughts slowly put themselves together.

He leaned in, closing the space between them. She met him. He gently kissed her. Fallon thought her heart had stopped for a good measure of time, until Daniel broke the kiss. “Come on, we have to go inside. Before my cousin comes out.” Daniel told her softly. Fallon only nodded.

The two of them got out of the car. Daniel took hold of Fallon’s hand, as they reached the front door. Daniel rang the door bell before entering. Fallon followed him into the house. Her stomach had butterflies, not all of them were about meeting Daniel’s cousin.

A young man entered the hallway. He looked older than Daniel. He had the same brown hair, but his eyes were brown instead of blue. “Miguel, this is Fallon.” Daniel said swiftly. “Fallon, this is my older cousin Miguel.”

“Fallon it’s very nice to finally meet you. Daniel hasn’t stopped talking about you, since the two of you met.” Miguel said as he shook Fallon’s hand. Fallon looked at Daniel. It was at long last, his turn to be uncomfortable, and Daniel didn’t disappoint. He was staring at the ground, trying to ignore the smirk that had placed itself on Fallon’s lips. When he did look at her, it was with a sheepish grin.

“Why don’t we go the living room, dinner will be done in about 15 minutes.” Miguel said, he lead them into a comfortably furnished room. As they took of their coats and placed them off to the side, Fallon had a feeling that Miguel was trying to evaluate her. Daniel led Fallon to the couch, while Miguel had taken the seat across from them in a single sofa.

“So Daniel tells me you are a student and a singer.” Miguel told Fallon. “Yes, I am.” Fallon affirmed. “So why do both?” Miguel asked. He was looking her over. “Just in case one doesn’t work out for me.” Fallon told him. Fallon had the feeling he was trying to find something he didn’t like about her. “So which one do you prefer more?” He asked her. To Fallon it felt like an interrogation, something that she was always happy to avoid. “I love both; I wouldn’t be able to choose between them. I like learning new things, but writing and recording music for others to listen and appreciate is great too.”

There was a pause. Fallon took her chance, and decided to ask Miguel a few questions of her own. “So what do you do?” She asked him. “I manage football players. Daniel is one of the players I manage.” Miguel said gesturing to Daniel. Fallon turned to see Daniel look up when his name was said. “Is it rewarding or full of hard work?” She asked. “It’s both. I find it rewarding to be looking out for the players and their best interests,” Miguel said that pointedly, as though he was referring to something. “But also it is hard to get excellent players on excellent teams.” He continued. “Daniel here has been one of my more challenging players, no offense cousin.” Miguel razzed Daniel. “None taken.” Daniel said with the air of mock hurt. “Although I remain confident that no team will pass him up, we just need to talk to them properly. So far we’ve visited some of the teams that are on the lower part of the EPL table. Once we’re done that we’ll hit Chelsea, Arsenal, and his favorite Manchester United.” Miguel sounded as though he loved talking business.