008.

they rode on his motorcycle to the Terushimas residence. this time the ride was a bit longer, the breeze flowing into their clothes causing goosebumps to rise on their skin. Yamaguchi couldn't stop the wide grin that grew as the wind pressed against his face. the engine may have been loud to the passerby on the streets but the beating of their hearts rang loudly in their ears.

as they neared Yuuji's home, they slowed down a bit, making it easier for Yamaguchi to see where he lived. he noted that his neighborhood looked just a bit more wealthy, with bigger houses and more expensive looking cars. they holt to a stop at a house that had multiple other motorcycles, around 3 to be exact.

"those are a lot of motorcycles you have."

"these aren't mine."

Terushima parked his vehicle and got himself off first to help Yamaguchi. the dark haired boy smiled at the half blonde and took up on his offer by gingerly holding his hand as he hopped off. as he removed his helmet Terushima continued.

"these actually belong to my friends, and sometimes we compete small competitions with each other, but they usually leave theirs here with my
family since my dad offered to take care of them."

"your friends also ride motorcycles? you're all so amazing!"

"well, it's all thanks to my
dad who bought and refurbished our motorcycles. he used to ride a lot too in his youth, my mom says i took a lot after him."

they walked to the front door, and continued talking as they waited for the door to be opened.

"seems like your relationship with them is great, i'm kinda jealous."

"you don't have a good relationship with your parents freckles?"

"i wouldn't say it's bad, but they feel very distant... they definitely have their reservations on certain topics..."

the boy reached his hand up to run behind his neck nervously out of habit. Terushima's features turned somewhat stern, about to say something, but as he opened his mouth to speak, he was cut off midway by the door opening.

"mom Yuuji is back, he has a friend over!"

"is it a girl?"

the girl who had opened the door was definitely younger than both of them, Tadashi noted. maybe around 12 or 13 years old. the woman who responded to the girl was presumably her and Terushima's mother, who also sounded quite young.

"no mom, i already told you that i haven't even been talking to any girls besides Misaki. i know i said i'm bi but i also said that i have a male lean. you never ask me if i have a boyfriend, what's up with that?"

"oh i'm sorry Yuuji..."

the young, presumably pre-teen girl had left, and in her place was a woman who looked like a slightly older, female Yuuji. they were signaled into the house, both replacing their shoes with slippers, and headed to the living area.

"i can't help wanting to keep hope for some grandchildren."

"mom, you still have Mira who can give you kids."

"i refuse. i don't know how you could like men when women exist. you could do that without being judged Yuuji."

Yamaguchi's ears picked up the slight sadness in her tone as she said that, as much as he wanted to say something, he wasn't quite sure how. he sympathized with her mentally, hopeful that she might have felt it somehow. then he noticed Yuuji, the way his muscles tensed, and how the smile he had on didn't reach his eyes.