005.

morning came again, but this time the light coming in through the blinds felt gentle and warm on Tadashi's face. his eyes flutter open and he realized that he had woken up quite early. he decided he might as well get ready since he wasn't feeling tired.

he sat up from his bed and continued to the bathroom, following his mostly usual morning routine. he felt awfully happy today, remembering the events from the night before. it made his heart soar, and he wanted to feel that rush of excitement again.

he still had plenty of time, he realized as he finished dressing. he glanced at the mirror in his room, observing his reflection. he decided to keep the ponytail from yesterday, he liked it a lot. but he felt like he could do more. he glanced at one of his drawers, and inside said drawer was some makeup.

Yamaguchi own a bit of blush, eyeliner, and lip tint, but never found it in himself to actually wear it in public. it make him feel confident in his looks but he was still too afraid of the judgement from others. but today something nudged him to, and he couldn't deny that he really wanted to.

he opened the drawer and quickly but carefully applied a bit of makeup. he applied blush on the areas where most of the freckles on his face where, like the apples of his cheeks and some on his nose. he applied a bit of red lip tint to his lips, in a soft obré lip look. then came he most exciting part for him, a winged eyeliner. his had was steady and smooth as he went over his eyelid, flicking his wrist to get the perfect wing.

he cleaned up his eye brows just a bit and admired himself in the mirror. Yamaguchi wouldn't say he looked like a new person, but he loved the way he felt about himself in his own skin.

feeling empowered, the dark-haired boy headed to the kitchen with his backpack slung over his shoulder, ready to head out. he grabbed a fruit and granola bar, deciding he wanted to eat as he walked to school and get there early like he did the day before.

as he ate, he checked his phone. he had several unopened messages, most of them where from his teammates asking him why he didn't show up to practice yesterday. his smile wavered when he saw the newest unread message.

yamaguchi, can we talk later?
sent by Tsukki at 2:49 A.M.

a feeling inside his gut yelled at him not to open it, and play dumb; tease him for while, let him suffer a bit.

his other gut feeling told him reply to the blond, face him and talk with him; solve their problems and get everything over it.

the choice was clear and easy to make. Yamaguchi plugged in his earbuds as he continued walking, shoving his phone into his pocket, leaving the message unopened. he continued to eat his breakfast and walked along happily to school.

• • •

finally making it to school grounds in less than ten minutes, yamaguchi confidently walked up the halls to his class. he received a lot of stares, but to his surprise none of them seemed disapproving. in fact, most of the stares seemed to be of admiration or approval. the smile on his face grew wider, and he held his head high.

he sat in his seat, taking out his supplies and doodling in his notebook to kill time before class started. he thoughts raced back to yesterday again, and the half-blond. the he way he looked, the way he acted, the words he spoke to him. he didn't even notice when he laughed to himself as he recalled the adrenaline rush from riding with him.

his sketches were messy, but it's clear that the biggest doodle on the page was a portrait of Terushima. it wasn't even colored, and it clearly looked cartoonish, but it was resembling him, and just seeing him seemed to bring him immense joy.

he made a mental note to himself to visit the park again, with hopes of seeing him again, and getting to know him better. he couldn't believe he thought badly of him when they first met, but looks are deceiving of course, and he turned out to be very sweet. he wanted to get to know him more, and possibly become friends.

his thoughts were interrupted when he was approached by a certain blond. the said boy wore a remorseful smile.

"Yamaguchi i'm so sor-"

"what do you look so sad for?"

the freckled bow shined him an innocent smile. that's when the taller one noticed the difference in the other boy today.

"you're wearing makeup..."

"well yeah...that's obvious."

Tsukkishima was taken back by how bold the boy was being, and found it strange how he was behaving, but Yamaguchi only seemed to brush it off. he decided to stay quiet for now and try apologizing later. the blond only nodded to Yamaguchi in response and headed over to his seat before class started.

even as he walked away and the bell rang, his thoughts did not leave him. instead, they swirled in his mind throughout the morning. Yamaguchi was different, and he couldn't pinpoint when the change started, and most importantly, why?

why was he changing? it didn't make sense to him, and he was too frustrated trying to think of what he did wrong that would've caused the freckled boy to distance himself from him. he wasn't one to be vulnerable, but he was going to be honest with himself.

the growing distance between them was hurting him. he just wanted yamaguchi to talk to him, but it's clear that the other didn't want his help.

he seemed down the past few weeks, and even avoided walking with him. but today, dispute not walking with him like yesterday, he seemed cheerful, and confident almost.

he had gotten help from someone else, and it bothered the blonde a lot not knowing who it was.

he was scared, not for him, but for yamaguchi.

time taken| 1:43
word count| 1029