✧ ⋆* ┊ 𝟐𝟏.

CLAY AND WINNIE DECIDED TO STAY AFTER EVERYONE HAD LEFT TO HELPCLEAN EVERYTHING UP

AFTER EVERYONE HAD LEFT TO HELP
CLEAN EVERYTHING UP.

Of course, Winnie's dad was still obsessing over Twix.

"It's kinda ironic, Clay. Back in highschool, this girl would never stop ranting to me about your drama. She really didn't like you. Now, she can't shut up about how much of a, and I quote, 'dreamboat' you are," Winnie's mom teased her.

Clay laughed, especially because of the blush that had risen on her face.

"She even called me the other day to go on and on about—"

"Mom, please," Winnie implored, glaring at her mother.

"Good to know, Miss Carson," he said nudging Winnie's waist jokingly.

Winnie's mom rolled her eyes, "how many time do I have to tell you? Call me Autumn."

"Yeah, yeah," Clay smiled back, putting away the last of the freshly cleaned dishes.

They wrapped up for the night, saying their goodbyes. Actually, they agreed that Twix could stay there for the weekend, since Winnie's father was so in love with the puppy ( but they would have to get their own supplies, Winnie didn't feel like being that nice ).

Clay and Winnie decided she would stay at his place that night, so they drove there and settled in. Winnie slipped off her clothes and wore a pair of his boxers and a hoodie of his to bed, enjoying the comfort the clothes brought her.

As well as that, she also enjoyed the rhythmic beat of his heart against her ear while she cuddled up to his chest. He kissed her head once before turning off the lamp beside his bed and shutting his eyes.

"Sleep well, Win."

"You too."

. . .

"JESUS, WINNIE! Don't you understand?! It was her choice to break up with you, I didn't mean for all this to happen!" he screamed at her, rain pouring down on them.

Tears streaming down her face, she turned around to face him. "You didn't mean for it to happen. But you knew it would, you fucking asshole."

Her voice broke, hitting him right in the chest. Had he done this to her?

"I didn't know! I swear! Just hold on a second!" he begged, grasping her wrist. By now, both his suit and her dress were soaked from the precipitation.

"Don't fucking touch me! All you've ever done is ruin me! You've ruined what's supposed to be one of the best nights of my life! How does it feel, huh, Clay? You beat me! You did it! Does it feel good! Do you feel like a fucking WINNER?!" she screamed at him, shifting to where she was sitting, sobbing on the concrete.