✧ ⋆* ┊ 𝟏𝟓.

AS THE PAIR ENTERED TARGET, THEYWERE RELIEVED THAT THE MASKS HIDTHEIR TRUE IDENTITY

WERE RELIEVED THAT THE MASKS HID
THEIR TRUE IDENTITY.

With Winnie's mask and bucket hat combined, you couldn't even tell it was her.

"I don't think I'll ever forget that dodgeball tournament," Clay chuckled, Winnie's face red from laughing.

"Even if we can't agree who won, I know we can agree," she paused to catch her breath from laughing, before continuing again, "that it was Jacob who pissed all over the floor."

Both of them erupted into laughter that, quite honestly, sounded like truck horns. Frankly, they didn't even care if anyone was watching.

"Didn't you step in the piss?" Clay asked, walking toward the candy isle.

"Uh, yeah. We're getting candy, right?"

"For what?" he answered, selecting two large halloween bags full of sweets.

"Well you're coming back to my house to help me decorate, right?" Winnie said. It sounded more like a threat than an offer.

"Whatever you say, sarge." His mischievous grin was hidden from his mask, but it was most certainly there.

They continued walking through Target, goofing around and grabbing decorations for her house.

It got to the point where they were laughing over the dumbest shit, even Clay's imitation of the Oxi Clean guy. They stumbled through the isles, paling around like they hadn't been awkward just minutes ago.

As they approached the Halloween section, Winnie saw an infant in a stroller, their dad busy buying decorations. The baby watched her, so she waved kindly and made funny faces to amuse it. The child grinned in response, clapping its chubby hands together as if asking for her to continue.

Clay laughed and walked over, trying to do the same thing, but to both of their surprise, his actions made the baby cry. Within seconds, the infant went from giggling to wailing.

Winnie genuinely could not control her laughter, even when the father was sending them judgmental glares and rolling the stroller away. It got to the point where she was trying to avoid falling on the floor laughing, and Clay had to grab her hand, pulling her away to the grocery isles.

Once she caught her breath, it dawned on her that their hands were still connected. He realized it too, and under his mask, he blushed furiously and slowly separated his hand from hers.

"I think I've got enough decoration," she teased him. His cheeks still burned.

"No, really?" he replied sarcastically, staring at the mound of stuff in the cart. They rolled it up to the front, and she began scanning the items in the self checkout lane.

Before she could even scan the last thing, Clay was already paying for her goods.

"Clay!" she hissed at him. He peaked over at her and winked, facing his back to her so she didn't even the opportunity to move him out of the way.