O31

•°•☆ 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 ☆•°•

'Why am I like this?' the Water Pillar found himself sprinting from roof to roof, heading towards a certain Estate.

He kept coughing while he was on his way. His neck started hurting, too. He had so much in mind earlier that he forgot what pain felt like and how his reactions should've been working.

He just realized that he almost died on the hands of a Shinazugawa — On the hands of a fellow pillar.

That alone offended Giyu and even made his heart ache. It's not like he's close with him, it's just that that isn't how he's supposed to interact with his companions.

'Since when did I feel all gloomy towards other people?' He thought.

Giyu knew he was a nobody. Sanemi didn't have to rub it on his face directly like that. He already lost his bestfriend plus his sister who loves him dearly. The only thing he has now is himself.

'Killing? Shouldn't pillars be against demons?' He thought to himself while turning left.

He suddenly remembered how he stopped Shinobu from engaging into a fight with the Upper Moon.

Part of him knows that what he did was right, but after hearing the other pillars' rebut, he started rethinking and becoming anxious. Again.

The Water Pillar arrived at his destination exactly at 6 in the morning. It was still dim and the cold mist around was still visible. Birds were already joyfully singing, but the mighty sun was still in deep slumber.

"Is she a-awake already?" Giyu tried catching his breath after running his way from the Headquarters up to the Butterfly Estate. He was panting. The last time he did feel really weak was when before he even met his great teacher.

At the estate, the very first face that greeted him when he stepped in was Aoi who wore the usual frown on her face while carrying some clean sheets.

He's a Hashira; a Pillar. He should be used to these kind of things like running, yet he's all nervous and gasping for air.

The anxiety filling his whole system is destroying his concentration; it might destroy his self-esteem more if it progresses. That, too, kept bothering his thoughts.

He feared that the Insect Pillar would come to hate him even more once she wakes up and remembers what happened a while ago.

He feared that the person he wanted to protect the most would come to despise him after letting an opportunity go.

"Yes, Tomioka-san," Aoi nodded before looking at the Insect Pillar's bedroom door, "She just woke up and she's still experiencing headaches."

Giyu nodded, "Thank you." and was about to walk his way inside when Aoi blocked his way.

"I don't think she'll be glad having visitors." She sternly said, "Especially when it's you."

Her words were like snakes that spat venom, deeply hurting Giyu's feelings even more. It seemed like everything he did was wrong in the eyes of others when all he wanted to do was protect.