TWENTY-ONE: Clearing the Block

Start from the beginning

"Nyx get high and use your bow." Glenn instructed me before we bursted into the cell block, I fought my way up the stairs onto the perch before pulling out my bow. Time seemed to slow down whenever I was using my bow, I think it was a mental thing because I knew how fast I was shooting. The room was full the rest of the group at the entrance to their back and stood in a semi circle. The room was full of walkers there was at least fifty, Glenn saved Phoebe from being bitten. "NYX DUCK." Daryl instructs I do as I'm told and kills the walker that had made it's way up the steps behind me. I started shooting arrow as I spun around slowly, protecting myself from any of the walkers, getting near me. Rick took out the last two walkers, I jog down the steps and took in everyone's appearance.

"Everyone good?" I question scanning them for bite or scratch marks, once I knew everyone was ok I started collecting my arrows. "That was some insane shooting Nyx." Sasha complimented me, I give her a friendly smile, thanked her for the compliment and pointed out to Sasha that handled herself pretty well. "Phoebe, can you go get Noel, Maggie, Tyreese, and whoever has the stomach for it, to come here and clear out the bodies? You stay and help them too." Daryl instructed the young red head, she nodded, turned and ran out towards cell Block C. "Let's keep moving." Glenn instructed the group that even respond we just followed Rick and Daryl towards cell Block A, clearing the hallway as we moved.

"Same again, Nyx use your knife this time." Rick told me, I pulled out my knife and tucked my bow out of my way. When we entered, I noticed there was way less walkers in this cell block. Karen and I work together when a guard walker in body armour approached us, I held the walker and Karen drove her knife under its visor once Glenn shouts at her to do it. I spot another armoured guard going towards Daryl and he hasn't spotted, I moved fast and got the drop on the armoured guard before it could get Daryl.

While I did that Glenn and Daryl got the last of the walkers, "Nyx, you broke formation." Rick scolded, I take a step away from him collecting myself, "Daryl was distracted with other walkers and could've gotten bit, I knew I could do it." I state my excuse, Rick looked at Daryl, who was looking at me with a hint of a smile on his lips.

"Right, let's clear the hallway from this cell block to cell block B." Glenn planned to distract the group from Rick's intense disapproval of me breaking formation, "you could've warned him." Rick argues ignoring Glenn's attempt, "I call Daryl's name, he looks at me, he gets bitten, he dies and I won't let that happen. Now we've got a hallway to clear." I walk towards the door for the hallway with Glenn by my side, he opens the door, we share a nod before moving forward.

"Noel, come with me." I ordered him, Noel jumped up from his seat where he was talking to Charlotte, "get your tools." I tell him, he nods and grabs his tools before we make our way to cell block A. "What are doing?" Noel question as I wrote 'The Collins' over the first cell in chalk, "well the couples will want to share a bed, so we're making these bunk beds into a double bed. "We need three for this block, one in each of the other cell blocks." I plan as I write 'Jessica & Damien' over the next cell, moving onto 'Greg & Alice' and finally 'Phoebe and Emily'.

"Phoebe and Emily's cell keeps the bunk beds since they're sisters." Noel wasn't even listening to me anymore, he had left and came back with Tyreese, Damien, Oliver and Danny. "What? We're gonna need strong men to lift the beds." I rolled my eyes at little brother, "there's only two men in this room." I gesture to Tyreese and Damien, "the rest of you are boys." I commented but picked up a screwdriver ignoring Tyreese and Damien's laughter at the point I made.

"You boys work on the Collins room, Tyreese and Damien you're with me." I make my way into Jessica and Damien's new room, "why are we taking them apart?" Tyreese questioned me, "we're only taking the couples ones apart and making them into double beds." "oh, why?" he questioned him, I chuckle and look at Tyreese, is he seriously more oblivious than the kids in this block, "sex Tyreese, sex." Damien answered for me making Tyreese's cheeks blush, not that it was very noticeable on his dark skin.

"I never want to see a screwdriver ever again." I spoke collapsing on the last bed we took apart in the Richards cell in block D. "We did all the hard work!" Oliver proclaimed in disbelief, "and watching you struggle doing it, was exhausting." I smirk cheekily as Danny pulled me off the bed by the hand, he laughed shaking his head at me. I lightly bumped my hip off of Oliver and Danny, "just kidding, thanks for all the help." I chime leading them back to cell block C.

The hallway was dark so I pulled out my flashlight and see someone try to disappear out of sight, "Noel you lead the way back, I'm going to investigate who's lurking in the shadows." I whisper to him handing him the flashlight, I follow the person who was rushing to try and lose me. They led themselves into a dead end, "who's there?" I call into the darkness, the person tries to knock me over but I grab them, shoving them against the wall with my knife at their throat, "I'm sorry, I saw your people outside and I wanted to make sure it was safe before me and my group approached, please don't kill me."

A light illuminates the hallway, I look to the light to see Daryl and Noel, I lower my knife. "What's your name?" I ask the man who stood in front me, he was in his late 20s or early 30s. "George." He answers immediately, "ok George, Daryl here is going to search you and then we'll talk about membership." I told him stepping away and Daryl searches the man, pulling out a knife and a revolver, "Noel go get Glenn, Hershel and Rick." Noel does as he's told, "so George, how many are in your group?" I question as I search his shoes to make sure no knifes are hidden there. "There's four of us left." I frown at the news, the others must've died recently by the sound of his voice.

We heard the sound of footsteps, and soon Noel led the three men to us. "I'm Rick, that's Daryl, Glenn, Hershel, Noel and you know Nyx. Who are you?" Rick questioned, "Rick, this is George, he was scouting us out to see if we were good people before introducing himself and his group. Daryl's already searched him." I spoke up for the young man, Rick nodded accepting the information, "we have to ask your group three questions, but first how did you get in here?" George looked at us, "I came in here two days ago, I got trapped by walkers and had to wait until you cleared them, through a breach on the east side of the prison." George informed us, "he got in before we sealed it up." Glenn pointed out meaning that the wall isn't aiding people to get at us.

"You'll have to take us to meet your group." Daryl informed George, who nodded without hesitation. "You and Daryl go, Noel and Glenn will search the rest of the prison to make sure we have no other stowaways." Hershel told Rick, Rick nodded before looking at me, "Nyx will come with us since she found him." Rick decided and with that we took off to go meet George's group.