CHAPTER 25 - WOULD YOU BE SO KIND

A/N - so go listen to the song attached^ cuz i think it perfectly describes how harry and ev both feel at the moment...also....i'm sorry...HERE IT GOES Y'ALL

. . .

    Fluttering my eyes open slowly, my pupils adjust to the light beaming through my windows. Inhaling, air fills my lungs with ease. Absolutely zero restraint inhibiting my breathing. Sighing out in contentment, I attempt to roll over and grab my phone, but a heavy presence weighs me down.

    What the-

    "Mmm...don't move just yet." Harry grumbles from beside me, tightening his grip on my waist as he pulls me closer to his chest. He lays on his stomach with his arm draped over mine as one of his legs is intertwined with mine, his head halfway off the pillow as his lips graze the skin of my shoulder. As he lays a delicate kiss to my shoulder, memories of the night before reel in my brain.

    Waking up in panic. Tears staining my face. The uncontrollable trembling of my hands. The ghost of Peter's touch lingering on my skin.

    Calling Harry. Laying numbly on my bedroom floor as he rushes to me like a knight in shining armour.

    Harry's sweet words. His tender caress. The abundant amount of care. The two of us entangled in each other's arms as we drifted off to sleep.

    "Is there a reason my touch makes you uncomfortable?"

    "I just asked in case there was something I should know..."

    If that wasn't a bright, shining neon sign flashing the words, "I know something is wrong with you", then I don't know what is.

    The feeling of Harry's fingers dancing across my stomach, drawing various shapes over top of my shirt causes a whirlpool in my gut. Creating ripples of tingling and nausea in his wake. Although it is not the anxious nausea I am all too familiar with. This is a different, foreign type of nausea that causes goosebumps to trickle across the surface of my skin.

    Subconsciously, my hand finds its way to Harry's head, my fingers massaging his scalp and smoothing out his bedhead. A low hum escapes his chest as he slides his hand from my stomach up my side, sending shivers down my spine as warmth spreads across my limbs.

    "That feels really nice." He pushes his head slightly against the palm of my hand as my fingers continue to work through his curls. The raspiness of his morning voice, littered with remnants of sleep, brings a different kind of heat to my body. One I haven't felt in years.

    He's really freaking sexy, what can I say?

    Before I can move my mouth to speak, the sound of loud, pattering footsteps echoes from the hall.

    "Mama! Mama!" Ginny's young voice rings through our ears as she breaks through the doorway of my bedroom. Her braids are falling apart as messy curls cover her forehead. She's still in her pajamas as she runs toward the bed, but halts dead in her tracks. Her hazel eyes go wide and her lips break into a smile as she jumps on the bed and on top of Harry.

    "What? No good morning hug for Mama?" I grovel, sitting up and releasing Harry from my hold as he does the same. Both of our backs rest against the headboard as Ginny crawls into Harry's lap and looks up at him adoringly.

    "Good morning, G...Now go give your Mum a kiss." He lifts her off his lap and urges her toward mine as she purses her lips and a brief, apologetic look flashes across her face.

    "Sorries, Mommy...I wuv you." She wraps her arms around my neck and puckers her lips as she clings her body to mine. Giving her a quick kiss, I hug her to my chest as I litter more kisses all over her face. How can I be upset when she acts like a sweet baby angel?