CHAPTER 24 - NEED YOU NOW

A/N - Another long chapter to make up for lost time :) Also imagine Harry looking something like that^ in this chapter

. . .

Waking up, it feels as though cement bricks are weighing both my mind and my body down. There is a thick haze that clouds my mind, almost as if I just woke up from the deepest coma imaginable. How long was I out for? What time is it even?

Squinting, my eyelids feel heavy and my vision is as though I am looking through frosted glass. Blinking rapidly, I try to gauge my surroundings and figure out what time it is. Rolling over, a deep groan escapes my chest involuntarily as my muscles ache. Gritting my teeth, I push through the pain as I try to search for my phone. My eyes have finally adjusted and I am able to take in my surroundings. As my eyes widen, I feel my heart rate pick up.

I am not in my own bed.

This is not my room.

Where the hell am I?

Stumbling on my feet, I catapult myself across the room toward the door. My body shutters as a chilling breeze breaks through my skin. Suddenly I am hit with the harsh realization that I am partially nude. My shirt is torn, my bra is hanging halfway off my torso, and I am completely bare from the waist down.

"No, no, no...please, no..." Tears begin to well in my eyes as I am struck with a tragic feeling of deja-vu. I have been in this position way too many times before. But there is no way he could have done this to me, right? This couldn't have been him...

Scanning around the room, I spot my pants on the opposite end from me. Scurrying, I quickly pull them up onto my body and hurry back toward the door. Forget the rest of my things, I need to get out of here.

Grasping the handle firmly, I pull down in one swift motion, but the door doesn't budge. It's locked. What the hell?

"Can't escape me this time, darling." Peter's voice echoes throughout the dark room. Every muscle fiber in my body turns to stone and I am unable to move. My heart drops to my stomach as my chin begins to quiver in fear.

"You know...What you did was pretty bold, don't you think, darling?" His voice is calm, yet powerful as I hear his footsteps come near me. "Put me in jail. Move across the country. Change your name. Take away my daughter." Everything in me screams to run, hide, break down the door. Anything to get away from him, but I am frozen under Medusa's spell.

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, Evelyn...You should know this by now..." Suddenly, I feel his hot breath on my neck as his hands slide up my sides, causing my knees to give out and I practically go limp under his touch. Acidic tears burn my cheeks and I pray he ends up knocking me unconscious, so I don't have to remember any of this.

Sitting straight up, I grip the sheets next to me so hard I think I may have ripped them. The pounding of my heartbeat competes with the rapid pace of my breathing as panic ripples throughout me. My lungs feel like bricks and there is no way for air to fill them. Salty tears stream down my face, clouding my vision.

Breathe, Evelyn. Just fucking breathe.

I gasp for air as I try to control the erratic rate of my breathing. Releasing my hold on the sheets, I somehow manage to launch myself from my bed and into the bathroom. Reaching for the sink, I notice how much my hands are trembling from both fear and anxiety.

Get it together.

Turning on the tap, I reach into the top drawer and pull out my medication. Swallowing one pill whole, I slam the drawer shut before clenching my hands into fists. My fingernails dig into my palms and I am quite positive I broke skin, but couldn't care less.